Quick Question Thread

I recently lost my hard drive, which had all my music files on it. I would now like to put some new music onto my iPod. However, I'm worried that when I press to sync the iPod with iTunes (which had to be redownloaded, and does not have my music on it) it'll remove all the music currently on the iPod and only put on the new songs.

Anyone know if the music currently on it is safe?

You do know that you can put it all back onto the computer from your ipod, aye?

Naw. I'm an iTunes spaz. How do I do it?

This

Using ipod to move music

I had to do that when I got my laptop to get my music onto it as it was a pc that was no longer working.

If I remember rightly you basically copy it all onto your desktop and then drag it into i-tunes.

Edited by Ayrgirl

Why is naming a boy after his father relatively common but naming a girl after her mother almost unheard of?

I know several blokes with the same name as his old man but no birds with the same name as the old dear.

even 2 days after root canal treatment on a molar is it normal to be in agony at the slightest pressure when i bite down? (on a pain scale of 1 - 10 it scores 8.6 million).

was told to expect pain the next day and while there is a constant mild to medium toothache on said tooth , the pain on biting seems a tad extreme to be normal but then i've never had root treatment before

I am sure I have shin splints. Is it best going to the doctors or physio to see if I actually do?

I used to suffer from these in my teenage years. Usually it was agony after playing a few games of football to close together. The only cure was resting for a few days.

Kilt is on +48 :lol:

Did he fool Div into feeling sorry for him with his 'I don't even care' reverse psychology trick?

+49 now, It's an answer i'm sure looking forward to hearing.

Like everyone else, I'm sure Div was just fed up with Kilt greeting on the update bit every 5 minutes.

300 to go...295 to go....288 to go :bairn

It makes a total mockery of it all though. Div should just get rid and be done with it.

I think it's because they go to bed stupidly early.

One of my gran's pals, for the last 20 or so years (he's about 70) has gone to his bed every night at 6pm. He gets up around 3 in the morning.

Edited by Gall09

One of my gran's pals, for the last 20 or so years (he's about 70) has gone to his bed every night at 6pm. He gets up around 3 in the morning.

Thats just mental !!! He wont know anything about Hollyoaks , poor c**t.

Ok, this will probably sound like a stupid question for most of you, but my knowledge of all things car related is about as sound as xbl's knowledge of door locks.

When you buy a car, what happens to the existing road tax for your old one? Our current car has about 5 months left, and we're getting another car tomorrow, hopefully. Can you claim a rebate on the tax for your old car when you get new tax for the new car? If any of that makes any sense.

Guest The Phoenix

Ok, this will probably sound like a stupid question for most of you, but my knowledge of all things car related is about as sound as xbl's knowledge of door locks.

When you buy a car, what happens to the existing road tax for your old one? Our current car has about 5 months left, and we're getting another car tomorrow, hopefully. Can you claim a rebate on the tax for your old car when you get new tax for the new car? If any of that makes any sense.

Easy one Stewarty.

Take your tax disc out of the car you are selling, get a V14 (online at DirectGov) and send it off double quick to get all the full months left rebated - ie April onwards

Thanks, but we're trading in our old car. I can't imagine the dealer will be too impressed if we whip off the tax disc before we hand it over. But then, I've no idea how this all works, as every car I've previously bought has been a private sale.

Guest The Phoenix

Thanks, but we're trading in our old car. I can't imagine the dealer will be too impressed if we whip off the tax disc before we hand it over. But then, I've no idea how this all works, as every car I've previously bought has been a private sale.

Makes it easier if you are trading in Stewarty,

The tax disc belongs to you and the dealer will want you to take it.

Trust me, I've done it three times in the last couple of months - self, wife and daughter.

he should gie you a wee bit extra for it,check with him though as its probably in the stuff youve probably signed that he is giving you a price taking into account how much road tax is still left on it