Quick Question Thread

Any eBayers on here?

If so, have you ever had someone send you a message asking you to complete the transaction outside of eBay?

I've got something listed that has another four days to run and this chap has sent me a message asking me if I would accept a buy it now offer for it (I haven't put it up at a Buy it now, just a standard auction) so I am aware that I would need to pull the auction and sell to him outwith eBay.

Any advice?

Steer WELL clear!!! Its a person from Africa (most likely Nigeria) who will scam you. I got done over 2 years ago, with my really good phone. I got offered more than what i was looking for so i obviously accepted. Mug =[

So just ignore it, report it if you can

Steer WELL clear!!! Its a person from Africa (most likely Nigeria) who will scam you. I got done over 2 years ago, with my really good phone. I got offered more than what i was looking for so i obviously accepted. Mug =[

So just ignore it, report it if you can

Cheers.

It was actually a guy from Sheffield that wasn't wanting me to take the listing off eBay and buy it privately, he just wanted me to add a Buy it Now price onto the listing, which I didn't know I could do.

Another question regarding internet things that scare me. It stated on my Paypal account that it takes three days to get money from there to my bank. That's fine, I don't really care about that, I just want to know when it should show up as being transferred on my internet banking (you know, it's in there, but it hasn't cleared?)

I was expecting to show up pretty much instantly and it hasn't. I'm now scared I've entered a wrong number when I was putting my bank details onto my Paypal profile.

I hate internet money things.

This might seem silly, but do you need a tv license to listen to the radio? My mate seems adamant that you need one but I'm confident you don't.

You are correct.

You need a TV license only if you watch live TV as it is broadcast (either through a television set, a computer or a mobile phone) or record TV as it is broadcast to watch at a later time (eg. using a video/DVD recorder or Sky+ box).

It's great, but unless you're a hot girl or haven't had a drink since 1973 you've hardly any chance of getting in.

We have a private room booked so we'll be fine I guess?

There's a few different levels for different styles

If you haven't been before I'd imagine you'd enjoy it. A nightclub is a nightclub after all. Unless you're into a specific "scene" it's all much a muchness in my book.

Different styles? Anything but chart music available in this place?

If there is, it's a 3 day crawl through one of the many subterranean passages which seem to pass as portals between rooms, because I've never been able to find anything else.

It'll be dependent on different nights I guess but my recollection was

Tip floor.attic - Indie/metal stuff. Not too hevy mind

Middle big bit - cheesey chart stuff.

Karokae bit - erm whatever the peeps are singing

Bottom (G2?) - RnB stuff.

Might be miles off, but that's my first/second year of Uni recollections.

Edited by banterman86

Curiously, given my appalling track record at getting into nightclubs, I’ve never been knocked back from the Garage, although I just wouldn’t go on a Friday or Saturday these days.

Last time I was in was a Wednesday night last year, there was only one tiny wee bit open, half the main floor, and it was rock night. They even had Nintendo Wii available to play, which annoyed me.

In my experience, it never shows up until the money is actually in your bank. (As in 3 days later)

I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks. I was getting a bit concerned, can't be doing with it going into some other punter's account!

From the Budget thread.....

anyone?

anyone one spokesman can reply from the opposition ,it used to be always the shadow chancellor and the same from the libs but i think it was blair that started replying when he was in opposition and it seems to have stuck

anyone one spokesman can reply from the opposition ,it used to be always the shadow chancellor and the same from the libs but i think it was blair that started replying when he was in opposition and it seems to have stuck

Ah right. Seems an odd one from both parties point of view though - Osbourne is already seen as a bit of a leightweight, so Dave doing his job hardly looks great. Meanwhile Cable is supposedly one of the Lib Dem's best weapons. Odd.

Finance in Football/Philanthropy in Football related literature. Anyone know of any good books/articles?

Ive googled and got a couple but looking for a few more.

Dated now but I re-read it on holiday last year, a cracking insight from a really good journalist/author

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/184018101X/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0224064363&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0ZP37N0NJXFK0YSVNJFM