stuart.

Quick Question Thread

Q1. Am I correct in thinking that musical artists receive royalties whenever one of their songs is played on radio? If the answer to that is 'yes' then it brings me on to my main question.

What happens when, for example, the last remaining Beatle snuffs it? Can their music then be played on air for free or do royalties continue to be paid for someone elses benefit?

Q1. Am I correct in thinking that musical artists receive royalties whenever one of their songs is played on radio? If the answer to that is 'yes' then it brings me on to my main question.

What happens when, for example, the last remaining Beatle snuffs it? Can their music then be played on air for free or do royalties continue to be paid for someone elses benefit?

Does it not pass on to the next of kin or whatever, like any other assets would? I've always assumed that to be honest, but I don't know if that's fact.

I thought Michael Jackson owned the rights to a lot of the Beatles stuff at one point. What's happened to them now? Did he sell them or something?

Royalties can be nominated to be passed on to someone else after someone dies. This can be next of kin or anyone else - for example, any royalties made by sales of the book Peter Pan by JM Barrie were passed on to the Great Ormond Street children's hospital. I believe that royalties from music, books etc. go on for fifty years, and then they become Public Domain (which is why you can buy cheap old classic books for like 50p, as there are no royalties to be paid).

Im sure i read Gerry Rafferty receives upwards of 80k a year in royalties for 'Baker Street'.

What about Bob Holness?

What about Bob Holness?

Goddamit! I was just going to make that joke exactly :angry:

What is the "in" thing for:

10 year old girls

9 year old boys

4 year old girls

My cousin, niece and nephew have birthdays coming up in the next 3 weeks and I haven't a bloody clue what they might like.

10 year old girls

9 year old boys

4 year old girls

My cousin, niece and nephew have birthdays coming up in the next 3 weeks and I haven't a bloody clue what they might like.

fiver in a card,but make sure the card has a badge with there age ;)

fiver in a card,but make sure the card has a badge with there age ;)

It may yet come to that! :lol: I have to send it in the post though, so I'm a bit wary of it going missing.

I'll just get them all new school bags I think...

It may yet come to that! laugh.gif I have to send it in the post though, so I'm a bit wary of it going missing.

School bags....you hip auntie you.

It may yet come to that! laugh.gif I have to send it in the post though, so I'm a bit wary of it going missing.

Proper satchels with straps I hope, none of this Ben10 back pack nonsense, they're not schoolbags!!!

Proper satchels with straps I hope, none of this Ben10 back pack nonsense, they're not schoolbags!!!

Who the f**k is Ben10? What happened to Spiderman? :unsure:

10 year old girls

9 year old boys

4 year old girls

Stickers.

Surely there's some sort of Korean card obssession still?

10 year old girls

9 year old boys

4 year old girls

My 9 year old and his friends are into Club Penguin :unsure:

Club Penguin

Edited by Ayrgirl

Clubbing penguins, how could that not be legal when I was 9.

The penguin parade at Edinburgh Zoo would have been awesome!!

Edited by monkeyblair

My 9 year old and his friends are into Club Penguin :unsure:

Club Penguin

I used to have an account for that. It was quality, until Disney took over and made merchandise.

My question. What is a scampi?

I know it's a seafood thing, but from what?

I used to have an account for that. It was quality, until Disney took over and made merchandise.

My question. What is a scampi?

I know it's a seafood thing, but from what?

It really depends where in the world you are eating it!!!

220px-Skampi_dish_with_french_fries.JPG British scampi with chips.In both the UK and the USA, the word has come to define the method of preparation rather than the ingredient, although referring to quite different methods in the two countries.In the United Kingdom, "scampi" refers to a dish of shelled lobster tail meat, that commonly comes prepared coated in breadcrumbs or batter, and deep fried.

In the USA, "scampi" is often the menu name for shrimp in Italian-American Cuisine (the actual word for "shrimp" in Italian is gambero or gamberetto, plural gamberi or gamberetti). The term "Scampi", by itself, is also the name of a dish of shrimp served in garlic butter and dry white wine, served either with bread, or over pasta or rice. The word "scampi" is often construed as that style of preparation rather than an ingredient, with that preparation being called "shrimp scampi", and with variants such as "chicken scampi".

Ah, thank you King Kebab/Wikipedia. tongue.gif

What, do you think I knew that of the top of my head, like???laugh.gif