Quick Question Thread

What is the "in" thing for:

10 year old girls

9 year old boys

4 year old girls

My cousin, niece and nephew have birthdays coming up in the next 3 weeks and I haven't a bloody clue what they might like.

fiver in a card,but make sure the card has a badge with there age ;)

fiver in a card,but make sure the card has a badge with there age ;)

It may yet come to that! :lol: I have to send it in the post though, so I'm a bit wary of it going missing.

I'll just get them all new school bags I think...

It may yet come to that! laugh.gif I have to send it in the post though, so I'm a bit wary of it going missing.

I'll just get them all new school bags I think...

Proper satchels with straps I hope, none of this Ben10 back pack nonsense, they're not schoolbags!!!

10 year old girls

9 year old boys

4 year old girls

My cousin, niece and nephew have birthdays coming up in the next 3 weeks and I haven't a bloody clue what they might like.

Stickers.

Surely there's some sort of Korean card obssession still?

10 year old girls

9 year old boys

4 year old girls

My 9 year old and his friends are into Club Penguin :unsure:

Club Penguin

Edited by Ayrgirl

I used to have an account for that. It was quality, until Disney took over and made merchandise.

My question. What is a scampi?

I know it's a seafood thing, but from what?

It really depends where in the world you are eating it!!!

220px-Skampi_dish_with_french_fries.JPG British scampi with chips.In both the UK and the USA, the word has come to define the method of preparation rather than the ingredient, although referring to quite different methods in the two countries.In the United Kingdom, "scampi" refers to a dish of shelled lobster tail meat, that commonly comes prepared coated in breadcrumbs or batter, and deep fried.

In the USA, "scampi" is often the menu name for shrimp in Italian-American Cuisine (the actual word for "shrimp" in Italian is gambero or gamberetto, plural gamberi or gamberetti). The term "Scampi", by itself, is also the name of a dish of shrimp served in garlic butter and dry white wine, served either with bread, or over pasta or rice. The word "scampi" is often construed as that style of preparation rather than an ingredient, with that preparation being called "shrimp scampi", and with variants such as "chicken scampi".

Through in Glasgow and im looking to get my hair cut. Does anyone have any recommendations of a hair dresser/barber in the Byres Road area? Dont want to pay over the odds.

Cheers.

There is a traditional barber shop (ie. A red and white pole job) down near the Aragon Bar, near the junction with Church Street.

Works bowling night out last night with various prizes given out at the end of the night including wooden spoons for the losing team and it had me thinking, if Scotland win the 6 Nations Wooden Spoon (again, groan), do they actually get presented with a wooden spoon?