stuart.

Quick Question Thread

I have an interview for a voluntry post, just unsure whether or not to dress really smart or not?

I'm thinking aye to try and dismiss the "all youths of today are c***s" and try to actually convince them I want to work for them.

i've just finished watching what i thought was paranormal activity on megavideo. however, afterwards i went on the wikipedia page and discovered that it wasn't the real version. the one i watched was based on a family (mum, brother and sister) rather than a couple, but the storylines appear to be similar.

anyone know what it is i just watched?

Is it possible to drink yourself to death by over indulging in Robinson's Fruit & Barley? Since waking up 2 hours ago I've worked my way through 7 pints of the stuff, currently half way through my 8th.

Is it possible to drink yourself to death by over indulging in Robinson's Fruit & Barley? Since waking up 2 hours ago I've worked my way through 7 pints of the stuff, currently half way through my 8th.

maybe.

Almost every day I come on to this site, I notice that the day's top poster is nearly always some chap called 'monkeyblair'. Is this a regular poster who's recently changed their name, as I can't think of a single post that I've conciously seen from this dude. Is it someone who only posts in a certain part of the forum? He seems to make almost 100 posts every day. :huh:

Almost every day I come on to this site, I notice that the day's top poster is nearly always some chap called 'monkeyblair'. Is this a regular poster who's recently changed their name, as I can't think of a single post that I've conciously seen from this dude. Is it someone who only posts in a certain part of the forum? He seems to make almost 100 posts every day. :huh:

I very rarely look in the platinum section but I suspect the post whoring thread takes a pounding from him.

Anyway, my question, maybe one for the refs on the board: how long is half time in a game of football and does it vary depending on what level you're at?

When I started going to games in the late 80s it was 10 minutes, and I can remember the shouts if we were wanting the FT whistle were "c'mon ref, that's quarter to 5!"

Now I know it's supposed to be 15 minutes but:-

In the last few weeks what with not going to many away games I've been watching Jeff Stelling and co, and most of the games don't seem to finish until just before 4.55, except for some SFL games. I think almost all of the 3pm kick offs in the EPL / Championship were still going at 4.50 on the Sky clock yesterday.

Has half time become 20 minutes in England or are teams just slow in starting the 2nd half?

edit: I am aware of injury time but not every game has 5+ minutes of it.

double edit: from the BBC live text yesterday:

1655: FULL-TIME Burnley 1-2 Wolves

1654: We're still playing at Turf Moor (which is almost turf-less, looking at the rather sparse grass on the pitch). Burnley need an equaliser but Wolves have possession and are playing out time.

1654: FULL-TIME Bolton 4-0 Wigan

1653: FULL-TIME Birmingham 2-2 Everton

1653: FULL-TIME Stoke 0-0 Aston Villa

1652: FULL-TIME Chelsea 4-1 West Ham

What's going on?

Edited by Fuctifano

What's the cheapest 20 pack of cigarettes you can buy?  

there's sub-Mayfair shite out there. but I'm guessing even for that stuff you'd be over a fiver.

get a ten deck instead?

The half time length changed about 8 years ago from 10 minutes to 15 I seem to remember.

Pall Mall are very cheap but very shite,they stink to high heaven as well i think it must be a blend of poor quality tobacco and the toe jam of some kenyan marathon runners

In the last few weeks what with not going to many away games I've been watching Jeff Stelling and co, and most of the games don't seem to finish until just before 4.55, except for some SFL games. I think almost all of the 3pm kick offs in the EPL / Championship were still going at 4.50 on the Sky clock yesterday.

Has half time become 20 minutes in England or are teams just slow in starting the 2nd half?

I'm pretty certain there must be a Scotland v England differential here.

Every week, almost without exception, on Soccer Saturday there are at least half a dozen Scottish full times confirmed before the first English one comes through. That can't be coincidence, especially given the number of games being played in each country.

The only stipulation is that the half time interval must not exceed 15 minutes.

The competition (cup, league) rules must state the duration of the half time interval and any variance from the stated length must be agreed by the referee.

As far as I am aware all senior football half times across the country are 15 minutes.

It's only a hunch on my part but having attended numerous Fulham games, I get the feeling English Referees are much more likely to add on a "proper" amount of added time at the end of both halves, whereas in Scotland there seldom seems to be justice done to this, especially at the end of the first half.

The only stipulation is that the half time interval must not exceed 15 minutes.

The competition (cup, league) rules must state the duration of the half time interval and any variance from the stated length must be agreed by the referee.

As far as I am aware all senior football half times across the country are 15 minutes.

It's only a hunch on my part but having attended numerous Fulham games, I get the feeling English Referees are much more likely to add on a "proper" amount of added time at the end of both halves, whereas in Scotland there seldom seems to be justice done to this, especially at the end of the first half.

Correct - the time must not exceed 15mins, and in England they play more added on time.

If both teams were to appraoch the ref before the game and say 'we are in a hurry as we're all out on the batter tonight so lets just make half-time 5 minutes' if all agree then this can happen. Only likely in amateur or Rangers games.

Edited by MEADOWXI

Having been in Germany for the weekend, I withdrew money whilst over there. Now, I knew before I went that I had 'enough' in my account for the weekend, so I didn't really keep a note of how much I was taking out, as I knew the withdrawls wouldn't exceed the starting balance.

So, my question is thus:-

How long does it take for the withdrawls abroad to show on a mini-statement/balance receipt upon taking out money when back in Scotland?

It was Kensita Superkings when I was last home(just over 2 years, so might have changed)

Pall Mall are very cheap but very shite,they stink to high heaven as well i think it must be a blend of poor quality tobacco and the toe jam of some kenyan marathon runners

I've never noticed this with Pall Malls. I buy them if the local shop is out of my usual.

Having been in Germany for the weekend, I withdrew money whilst over there. Now, I knew before I went that I had 'enough' in my account for the weekend, so I didn't really keep a note of how much I was taking out, as I knew the withdrawls wouldn't exceed the starting balance.So, my question is thus:-How long does it take for the withdrawls abroad to show on a mini-statement/balance receipt upon taking out money when back in Scotland?

On the odd occasion I use my British card (HSBC) the withdrawals take 2-3 working days to appear.

Does anyone know the second division play-off dates?

Edit: Actually now i think about it it will be the 1st division play-offs.

Edited by Cowden til i die