stuart.

Quick Question Thread

Just started watching Slumdog Millionaire, is he going to know every question because of something that happened in his life?

Just started watching Slumdog Millionaire, is he going to know every question because of something that happened in his life?

nah, there's someone coughing in the crowd.

I've only been on a plane twice in my life, and I'm hopeless at search for them, so doesn anyone know if there's an easy, cheap way/flights from Scotland to Norwich?

Cheers

I've only been on a plane twice in my life, and I'm hopeless at search for them, so doesn anyone know if there's an easy, cheap way/flights from Scotland to Norwich?

Cheers

Flybe fly from Edinburgh to Norwich. Assuming you're going for a Shrewsbury game, it does look as if you'd have to stay overnight then come back on the Sunday as the Saturday flight back leaves at 4pm.

I don't know off the top of my head how far it is from London to East Anglia via train but that would probably be the next best direct option.

Not for a Shrewsbury game, no, but it would be for a couple of nights. 29th July and fly back ont her 1st August was what I was looking at. Any idea how much that Flybe effort would cost? Next thing I was looking at was Glasgow-London then a train or whatever from there to Norwich, the flights would only be £30 return.

Cheers

Who the fucks getting their rat out down East Anglia way?

I'll tell you tomorrow, tis indeed a belter.

Not for a Shrewsbury game, no, but it would be for a couple of nights. 29th July and fly back ont her 1st August was what I was looking at. Any idea how much that Flybe effort would cost? Next thing I was looking at was Glasgow-London then a train or whatever from there to Norwich, the flights would only be £30 return.

Cheers

Flights would be £81 return if you got somehow yourself to Edinbra airport for a 7.05 flight (would be impossible by public transport I'd think) getting in at 8.30, or £106 for one at 17.10 getting in at 18.30.

Flight on the way back regardless of the options going out is 16.15 getting in at 17.35.

Just saw Chrisy M92's post- it's a fair wedge to get your hole, surely a night out in Campus is cheaper?

Edited by Fuctifano

You'd have to have a mess about with train timetables etc, bear in mind that unless you're flying to London City (which you won't be as the flights are £30) then there's another substantial leg from the London airports to the main London train stations, although one of them might be on the line to Norwich, i don't know.

Flights would be £81 return if you got somehow yourself to Edinbra airport for a 7.05 flight (would be impossible by public transport I'd think) getting in at 8.30, or £106 for one at 17.10 getting in at 18.30.

Flight on the way back regardless of the options going out is 16.15 getting in at 17.35.

Just saw Chrisy M92's post- it's a fair wedge to get your hole, surely a night out in Campus is cheaper?

This burds had it comming, I'll tell ye.

I think the £30 Glasgow-London and London-Norwich route would be cheapest, but cheers anyway ;)

Obviously I know what a spirit is, gin, whisky, vodka, rum etc. But why does this collection of totally different drinks all come under the header of spirit, is there a particular type of distillation process that makes a spirit a spirit, or if not, then why are they different to wine, beer or cider?

Obviously I know what a spirit is, gin, whisky, vodka, rum etc. But why does this collection of totally different drinks all come under the header of spirit, is there a particular type of distillation process that makes a spirit a spirit, or if not, then why are they different to wine, beer or cider?

According to my tour guide at the Talisker distillery last September, a "spirit" is a distilled beverage which has no added sugar and at least an ABV of 20%, whereas beers, lagers and wines are limited at most to about 15% (as the yeast can't produce any more alcohol).

The term "spirit" arises from the first time these drinks were made, as the vapors they gave off looked like spirits, or ghosts.

Anybody know what the maximum amount of money you can travel with between two EU countries is without having to declare?

if memory serves me its around 10k

It's still on sale, apparently. I've not seen it anywhere for years though.

They drink it in the Congo, reportedly. Other than that, I can't help you.

Anybody know what the maximum amount of money you can travel with between two EU countries is without having to declare?

10,000 euros I believe.