Quick Question Thread

Heading away for another weekend in London in early June, and I notice the cheapest return (train) I can find is around £108. This is considerably more expensive than the same journey last year. Does anyone have any good tips to get cheaper rail fares from either Edinburgh or Glasgow to London (preferably Edinburgh, as it's a better journey).

Heading away for another weekend in London in early June, and I notice the cheapest return (train) I can find is around £108. This is considerably more expensive than the same journey last year. Does anyone have any good tips to get cheaper rail fares from either Edinburgh or Glasgow to London (preferably Edinburgh, as it's a better journey).

have you tried breaking the journey down to next stop singles

ie edi-new,then new -darlin etc etc

g/f did that and basically stayed on the same train but for about half the price

have you tried breaking the journey down to next stop singles

ie edi-new,then new -darlin etc etc

g/f did that and basically stayed on the same train but for about half the price

Tried that, but it's working out even more expensive. :(

Buy 2 single tickets not a return, advance fares to be had 12 weeks prior to the journey. You should be able to get a 2 singles 11-12 weeks in advance for under £50, they start from around £15.

Travelling on 4th June, back on the 7th, so it's about 12 weeks away just now. I'll maybe wait until next weekend, and try searching again.

Travelling on 4th June, back on the 7th, so it's about 12 weeks away just now. I'll maybe wait until next weekend, and try searching again.

Well, no, it's more than 12 weeks, so the cheap fares aren't on sale yet and the prices you're being quoted are the off-peak rather than advance prices. Check back next Friday for the outward journey and next Monday for the return.