Quick Question Thread

In the Meatloaf song,I Would Do Anything For Love,these word are followed by "but I wont do that"

Whats the "that" he wouldnt do ?

My guess is stop eating pies,but think it may be something else.

Anyone know ??

I'd like to know why everyone asks this question? It tells you in the song, for goodness sake! :angry:

[Girl:] Will you raise me up, will you help me down?

Will you get me right out of this Godforsaken town?

Will you make it all a little less cold?

[boy:] I can do that! I can do that!

[Girl:] Will you hold me sacred? Will you hold me tight?

Can you colorize my life, I'm so sick of black and white?

Can you make it all a little less old?

[boy:] I can do that! Oh oh, now I can do that!

[Girl:] Will you make me some magic, with your own two hands?

Can you build an emerald city with these grains of sand?

Can you give me something I can take home?

[boy:] I can do that! Oh oh now, I can do that!

[Girl:] Will you cater to every fantasy I got?

Will ya hose me down with holy water, if I get too hot?

Will you take me places I've never known?

[Girl:] After a while you'll forget everything

It was a brief interlude and a midsummer night's fling

And you'll see that it's time to move on

[boy:] I won't do that! No I won't do that!

[Girl:] I know the territory, I've been around

It'll all turn to dust and we'll all fall down

And sooner or later, you'll be screwing around

I'd like to know why everyone asks this question? It tells you in the song, for goodness sake! mad.gif

[Girl:] Will you raise me up, will you help me down?

Will you get me right out of this Godforsaken town?

Will you make it all a little less cold?

[boy:] I can do that! I can do that!

[Girl:] Will you hold me sacred? Will you hold me tight?

Can you colorize my life, I'm so sick of black and white?

Can you make it all a little less old?

[boy:] I can do that! Oh oh, now I can do that!

[Girl:] Will you make me some magic, with your own two hands?

Can you build an emerald city with these grains of sand?

Can you give me something I can take home?

[Girl:] Will you cater to every fantasy I got?

Will ya hose me down with holy water, if I get too hot?

Will you take me places I've never known?

[Girl:] After a while you'll forget everything

It was a brief interlude and a midsummer night's fling

And you'll see that it's time to move on

[Girl:] I know the territory, I've been around

It'll all turn to dust and we'll all fall down

And sooner or later, you'll be screwing around

Hating Meatloaf as I do,as I think he's a fat ,loud ,sweaty ,talentless cock,I've never really listed to the lyrics,but thanks for clearing that one up.

I still however think my pie theory is closer to the truth.

Do you also know what de doo doo doo,de da da da,translates to in the song of the same name by The Police ??

On Tuesday night, I'm going to see Lynyrd Skynyrd at the SECC, and I'm looking for the nearest/best Indian Restaurant, in the area. I'll have the car, so it doesn't have to be within walking distance, but decent enough parking would be good.

Any ideas? smile.gif

Balbirs on church street, just off Byers road.

Or Mothers India Cafe just where dumbarton road forks into argyle street/sauchie, this is "indian tapas".

Apart from that, around there alot of them are part of the Harlequinn?? chain. Also Mother India is in that area, i'm told it's gone downhill recently though.

Have a couple of questions..

Firstly, do clubs in the SFL pay for there match balls, or are they supplied by the SFL?

And secondly, has anyone been to Linlithgows Prestonfield park lately? Whats the surface like?

Have a couple of questions..

Firstly, do clubs in the SFL pay for there match balls, or are they supplied by the SFL?

And secondly, has anyone been to Linlithgows Prestonfield park lately? Whats the surface like?

I wouldn't be surprised if we got billed for that - embarrassing stuff from a minority of our support.

I put my passport through the wash. I'm going to America in a few months, will i need a new one? (And yes i'm an idiot)

Depends how rubbered it is. If the pages have separated at the corner you're probably humped.

On Tuesday night, I'm going to see Lynyrd Skynyrd at the SECC, and I'm looking for the nearest/best Indian Restaurant, in the area. I'll have the car, so it doesn't have to be within walking distance, but decent enough parking would be good.

Any ideas? :)

Balbir's as mentioned before is my favourite, not sure where the best place is to park though near there. One of their selling points is that they don't use ghee and that the curries are healthy, but they're still bloody lovely. If you're feeling hungry and have time you can go for the banquet where you tell them what meats you want, and how strong you like your curries, and they'll pick a menu for you. Recommended.

I believe I've read on this very website, that the clubs are given a few balls at the start of the season for nothing, and have the option to buy more if they want to.

I remember 10 years ago we were playing Arbroath on the last day of the season, and one ball went over the wall at the sea side- one of the stewards standing nearby confessed to me they only had a couple of spare footballs left- as we were losing I suggested to the players that we just boot the balls in the direction of Denmark and get the game abandoned.

Never worked though <_<

I believe I've read on this very website, that the clubs are given a few balls at the start of the season for nothing, and have the option to buy more if they want to.

And am I right in saying there about £30 a pop?

So, the wee picks behind the goal today not only cost Clyde 3 points, they cost us fucking £60. Hope the club chase the money back from them and Clyde also take action against them.

And am I right in saying there about £30 a pop?

So, the wee picks behind the goal today not only cost Clyde 3 points, they cost us fucking £60. Hope the club chase the money back from them and Clyde also take action against them.

£85

Depends how rubbered it is. If the pages have separated at the corner you're probably humped.

Is this true?

The picture page of my passport is separated/curled at the corner, and I'm travelling in the next few weeks. Is that going to be an issue, or will I need to glue it down before travelling?

Is this true?

The picture page of my passport is separated/curled at the corner, and I'm travelling in the next few weeks. Is that going to be an issue, or will I need to glue it down before travelling?

I've watched abit of Airline- I think you're fucked.