Quick Question Thread

Cheers. I'm wondering because my work's asking for me to get a first aid certificate through them but I'm technically a member of the Scottish Cave Rescue. Would this be a problem do you think?

Having just done the certificate for work, it only covers accidents/emergencies at work. What you choose to do outside work in terms of first aid is separate from the requirements of the work course

Cheers. I'm wondering because my work's asking for me to get a first aid certificate through them but I'm technically a member of the Scottish Cave Rescue. Would this be a problem do you think?

Most companies will have their own training program that you will have to go through regardless of other training.

As for helping someone and fucking it up, my rule of thumb is as long as you can stand in court and justify everything you did then you will be ok.

Example; you give CPR and break their ribs punchering a lung, without CPR they would be dead, because their heart has stopped it's presumed concent.

Have I heard it correctly on the radio that Rangers are wanting £2m for Maurice Edu?

Sochaux are reported to be making another bid, and I'm sure I heard that's what Rangers are demanding. Surely that's not correct?

I'm far from Edu's biggest fan, but he's looked a different player the past few games without that cart horse McCulloch holding him back. I'm beginning to suspect that there's a footballer in there somewhere longing to be allowed out to play, we sure as shit won't see him when McCulloch is on the pitch though.

Having just done the certificate for work, it only covers accidents/emergencies at work. What you choose to do outside work in terms of first aid is separate from the requirements of the work course

Companies need 1 qualified 1st aider for every 80? employees ,so it would depend how many's employed at your work . What I find at our place is the guy's that run boys football teams volunteer for it as it covers them with the SFA as well and saves the club paying out.

Can anyone remember a drink called deco? I am pretty sure that was it's name. It was a bottle of kronenburg with a shot of absinthe on top. All came wrapped in a label with deco on top in the kronenburg colours. Remember having these at a few places in Blackpool about 8 years ago. They were lethal.

I know Scotland's only recently changed from using Disclosures to the UK wide PVG checks, does anyone have a PVG? How long does it take to come through? I've been waiting for a full month and still have not got it back. It's really annoying as I can't start my job until it gets here.

I know Scotland's only recently changed from using Disclosures to the UK wide PVG checks, does anyone have a PVG? How long does it take to come through? I've been waiting for a full month and still have not got it back. It's really annoying as I can't start my job until it gets here.

I believe it can take up to 10 weeks depending on the volume of paperwork they have. I know last summer that I (and others in my work) were told that we faced the prospect of a 6 to 10 week wait, although it arrived within a month.

There is a Clydesdale first time buyer package that lends 95%. Have a look at specific first time buyer products.

Thanks, I'm not looking to buy for another few years though.

Putting as much as I can away a month at the moment so I can pay a fair whack of the overall value in a oner.

Thanks, I'm not looking to buy for another few years though.

Putting as much as I can away a month at the moment so I can pay a fair whack of the overall value in a oner.

If you intend on paying a portion of the value outright and only taking a partial mortgage then the average percentage deposit would be irrelevant to you anyway. Also, the average deposit will have fluctuated anyway if you aren't buying for a few years.