Quick Question Thread

Anyone know where you can find prices for buses? Looked up the Stagecoach website, but it's only timetables on there...

Can get you a nice '89 double decker for £7k.

(No not the chocolate bar).

Anyone know where you can find prices for buses? Looked up the Stagecoach website, but it's only timetables on there...

Did a bit of digging...

How do I buy tickets?

Ticket purchases can be completed online from this website. Certain tickets can also be purchased direct from the driver and at some travel shops, see your local company website for details.

Does Stagecoach offer tickets online for all it services?

Stagecoach offers its megarider and Unirider product for all its bus services in the UK, excluding Scottish Citylink, megabus.com and Oxford Tube. Other restrictions may apply and these will be advised at the time of ticket selection

Tried to find some sort of bus fare generator but to no avail.

I don't think I've ever seen any sites for bus prices (with the exception of Megabus/National Express, etc. obviously). Most likely, this is because if people knew how expensive buses were in advance, they'd never get on them.

Well they missed out on my money today anyway, the knobheads. I stood at the bus stop for 20 mins and it never fucking turned up. Getting pretty tired at this point, I walked back to the house, grabbed my car keys and drove to Elgin. Probably cost me less anyway. Just fancied getting the bus.

Edit to add: before I left the village, I stopped off at the shop to get a bottle of juice, at which point the bus passed me - only 25 mins late... their loss.

Edited by Reina

Part of the sky was white tonight, was the sky where the artic is? How is that possible if true?

:huh::o:lol::lol::lol:

I saw a rainbow a few days ago and it was really strong. Does that mean that the pot of gold at the end of it had platinum coins instead?

Edited by Sir Ian of the West End

Hello

How many of you sometimes have a question you want to ask on here but feel it doesn't merit its own thread?

Wow, quite a lot of you.

That's why I have decided to create this thread for quick queries that you want answered.

The inspiration for this successful thread is the following question.

What was the advert for that featured people singing

"We want to be happy

But we can't be happy

Till we make you happy too"?

Do you understand?

No.

How long do you wait for a company to contact you after an interview, say it was last Wednesday and the guy said he would contact you in 'the next few days'.

The job is still being advertised on the website and they may well be checking my references as they invited me for an interview very quickly after I sent the application form.

And should I call the guy or would that just sound desperate?

I thought FTW meant f**k the Well.

Edited by Supras

What does it mean when people put FTW at the end of their posts?

It stands for For The Win, and basically means it's the best. So for example, P&B FTW = P&B rules. It's l33t speak, I think.

How long do you wait for a company to contact you after an interview, say it was last Wednesday and the guy said he would contact you in 'the next few days'.

The job is still being advertised on the website and they may well be checking my references as they invited me for an interview very quickly after I sent the application form.

And should I call the guy or would that just sound desperate?

Generally speaking, because of the costs involved (postage, that is) in requesting references for everyone that applies, they only tend to request them for the person they've offered the job to. If it's over a week, I'd give them a call if I were you. Waiting to find out if you've got a job or not is so frustrating, it's only fair they give you the good/bad news just so it's over! Remember, if you don't get the job, you can always ask them why, and they ought to give you feedback so that you have some hints for your next interview.