Quick Question Thread

Anyone know where I could get 6 pine poles that would be suitable to turn into an A frame for a kids event I help run. (Not for profit)

ETA - or scaffolding poles but would prefer wooden ones.

Edited by Adam101

Cut down a single fir/pine tree and you'll get 6 posts from one of them, easy.

I get mine from the end of @Melanius Mullarkey 's back garden these days. They're not actually his trees to chop down of course (right behind the fence), but you couldn't ask for better secluded access.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I get mine from the end of @Melanius Mullarkey 's back garden these days. They're not actually his trees to chop down of course (right behind the fence), but you couldn't ask for better secluded access.

Thanks for the tip! Would prefer someone in the building trade as they might have some contacts as I don't have a chainsaw. 

Can any of you reprobates recommend a reliable UK site for buying a replica kit? Specifically a pink kit for my 8 year old niece - team doesn't matter (no dabs or OF obvz).

Any particularly nice pink strip recommendations would also be appreciated. 

Thank you. 

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Can any of you reprobates recommend a reliable UK site for buying a replica kit? Specifically a pink kit for my 8 year old niece - team doesn't matter (no dabs or OF obvz).

Thank you. 

Scotland (ladies) away kit is pretty cool. 

31 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Thanks for the tip! Would prefer someone in the building trade as they might have some contacts as I don't have a chainsaw. 

Wear a long coat (having seen those suits you wear I'm guessing you'll have a mac), go to the gardening bit at the back of B&Q and shove a load in your coat and walk out casual like. 

Thank you. 
Agree with the above Ladies away top is smart as f**k

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Wear a long coat (having seen those suits you wear I'm guessing you'll have a mac), go to the gardening bit at the back of B&Q and shove a load in your coat and walk out casual like. 

I do have a rather nice navy Mac, sadly I don't think the ones B&Q sell will be strong enough to hold a fife child in the air

46 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Thank you. 

Scotland ladies kit is very smart. Dulwich Hamlet also play in pink- they've recently had a victory against greedy b*****ds who tried to throw them out of their ground and also sent a team to the Queens Park fans sixes tournament each year.

dulwich.png.439c745047916e82571d2c6b36609e12.png

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

FC107554-A19F-449B-9E37-7420EAF7EBE5.gif.21b1ba03adbffd0431065d822a4b44eb.gif

23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My cat says "yes". 

If the cat fancies a feeding/killing frenzy could you send it round? Four very plump ones currently destroying my garden. Save me sourcing a blunderbuss or similar.

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

If the cat fancies a feeding/killing frenzy could you send it round? Four very plump ones currently destroying my garden. Save me sourcing a blunderbuss or similar.

My old cat came from Forfar and was a headcase. He'd kill rabbits, crabs, magpies, but would also drag in larger roadkill and try and pass it off as his own work. 

Get yourself a black widow catapult and some marbles/ballbearings. You can be a cross between Dennis The Menace and The Predator. 

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

My old cat came from Forfar and was a headcase. He'd kill rabbits, crabs, magpies, but would also drag in larger roadkill and try and pass it off as his own work. 

Get yourself a black widow catapult and some marbles/ballbearings. You can be a cross between Dennis The Menace and The Predator. 

Crabs? Did he like sitting on your lap?

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Enjoying reading this and the things you want to share posts.

They weigh about 1/4 of a large chicken so probably enough for one. Unlike feral pigeons they're protected under the Wildlife and Countryside act though, so if you're thinking of shooting some, be aware that's a criminal act.

That's good to know. Hadn't thought they would be protected. Anyway, partner has just said she likes having them about the garden. Probably too risky to ask her to clean up after them!