Quick Question Thread

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Eating good food is one of the greatest pleasures in life.

Eating the best food going is topped by more more simple pleasure, an excellent pint of T.

If anyone is looking for decent scran get down to the Kilted Lobster it's amazing

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

How can some of the stuff on that site keep for 6 months? Is it fake chicken?

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

The packs are vacuum-sealed.

I work in food packaging, spooking the air out of the bag will help keep stuff longer for sure. It's won't keep beef, lamb or chicken for 6 months - especially not at room temperature. 

8 hours ago, Dele said:

I work in food packaging, spooking the air out of the bag will help keep stuff longer for sure. It's won't keep beef, lamb or chicken for 6 months - especially not at room temperature. 

I’d be very curious to see what state a lasagne was in, for example, after being vacuum packed.

Guest Moomintroll
Preservatives & nitrogen flushing are your friends there, not wanting to put anyone off but smell a chicken straight after you open a vacpack, it is not an appetising odour.

8 hours ago, Dele said:

I'm only going by what the brochure says. If what you're saying is true (and I'm not doubting you) then presumably there's more to it than that. Given that the company has been going for longer than six months and I've seen nothing in the news about an outbreak of food poisoning among their customers I can only assume that whatever they're doing is working. But among the stuff delivered on Thursday is a Chicken & Vegetable Biryani with a use-by date of March 2020.

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
34 minutes ago, Rugster said:
I’d be very curious to see what state a lasagne was in, for example, after being vacuum packed.

Google "Hope Solo naked" for your answer

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

This may interest you.

Bon appetit!

images (11).jpeg

Is the second post an answer to the first?

5 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I'm only going by what the brochure says. If what you're saying is true (and I'm not doubting you) then presumably there's more to it than that. Given that the company has been going for longer than six months and I've seen nothing in the news about an outbreak of food poisoning among their customers I can only assume that whatever they're doing is working. But among the stuff delivered on Thursday is a Chicken & Vegetable Biryani with a use-by date of March 2020.

Only 5 more sleeps!

Just ignore these c***s Gordon.