Quick Question Thread

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

https://www.parsleybox.com/menu/

Used to be based here in Edinburgh but they've expanded and moved to Livingston (not the best recommendation, I know) but the food is good. £2.99 per meal for most stuff. As I said the meals aren't frozen; you just keep them on the shelf, but the batch I just received have use-by dates of January and beyond.

Fifty Shades of Beige

Gordon honestly get a basic cookbook and learn those recipies nothing on there looks very difficult. If you can brown mince you are half way there. Any questions about cooking fire them over, once you get the hang of its great cooking 

5 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I get the impression that everybody who's slagging me off here is as good a cook as Gordon Ramsay. Though not as likeable.

My  dog asked me to tell you to ignore these fuckers and that it looks v tasty. 

7 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Gordon honestly get a basic cookbook and learn those recipies nothing on there looks very difficult. If you can brown mince you are half way there. Any questions about cooking fire them over, once you get the hang of its great cooking 

Why? Cooking doesn't interest me.

7 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I get the impression that everybody who's slagging me off here is as good a cook as Gordon Ramsay. Though not as likeable.

Nah and you don't have to be these days.  I can cook quite well when I can be arsed but usually only do so two or three days a week when I have any of my kids staying with me.

BUT with so many prepared veggies, tatties, side dishes available in supermarkets these days it is pretty easy to have a decent enough meal using fresh ingredients and that actually have a bit of texture and colour to them and which don't require that much effort more than being able to use a timer.

But if you prefer food aimed at people without teeth then carry on.

"Try it - you'll like it" is something said by anybody who discovers that another person doesn't share their interest, whether it be cooking, fishing, trainspotting or whatever. It's usually not true. But it would be a boring world if everybody liked the same things.

To reiterate: I'm not interested in cooking. I'm not interested in learning to cook. I have nothing against people who can cook (except those who run restaurants; they are c***s one and all) as long as they don't keep going on about how much fun it is.

8 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

What have you started...?

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/17720183.large-fish-skeleton-discovered-in-charlestown/

Mr Smallman from Dunfermline (I think he’s Bairnardo’s Fife cousin) asks “what kind of fish is this”. Expect a call from The Dunfermline Press soon MM.

529C0C2F-700C-4831-A3F7-6A393AED15BF.jpeg

FFS, I'm not in CSI but that looks like the remains of a bloody Arbroath smokie.

13 minutes ago, Dele said:

GordonD seems to get incredibly irritated when folk question him on things. Bodies under the patio, IMO. 

Leave him alone. He is trying to make the step up from his usual Cow & Gate baby food to ready made big peoples food. He is bound to be feeling a bit cranky.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:
1 minute ago, supermik said:
Leave him alone. He is trying to make the step up from his usual Cow & Gate baby food to ready made big peoples food. He is bound to be feeling a bit cranky.

Should you not be aff yer phone? ( sure you said you are on holiday in Salou)

Hotel has decent WiFi 

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

To reiterate: I'm not interested in cooking. I'm not interested in learning to cook. I have nothing against people who can cook (except those who run restaurants; they are c***s one and all) as long as they don't keep going on about how much fun it is.

What your posts suggest is that you're not really interested in eating...

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

What your posts suggest is that you're not really interested in eating...

Not for its own sake, in the sense of going to a really posh restaurant and paying massive sums for a meal with a fancy name (like ordering a croque monsieur and getting a cheese and ham toastie). I eat when I'm hungry and so long as it tastes good and I'm not still hungry afterwards I'm happy with that.

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Not for its own sake, in the sense of going to a really posh restaurant and paying massive sums for a meal with a fancy name (like ordering a croque monsieur and getting a cheese and ham toastie). I eat when I'm hungry and so long as it tastes good and I'm not still hungry afterwards I'm happy with that.

I've sent off for the brochure, fucked if I'm going out to the fields scrapping with young folk for neeps after Brexit when I can have a big store of vacuum packed loveliness in the garage. A sack each of rice and potatoes as well and I'll be sorted.