Quick Question Thread

17 hours ago, johnthebaptistist said:

In layman's terms, single wheels are mainly 'outies' so the axle hub fits nicely in to it. On double wheel axles the inner wheels are 'outies' and the outer wheels are 'innies' so that both wheels can be bolted to the hub easier, you would need some rather long wheel nuts to connect them in any other set up. 

Wait... I thought we were talking about double axles like in the picture, not an axle with double wheels at each end. The rear axle has innies and the one just in front outies. Why is this?

Is wearing semi-transparent leggings without underwear becoming fashionable? Seen a couple of lassies rocking this look so far this week already.

Nothing like trying to hold a conversation with someone while her overgrown pudenda does its best impression of a bank robber  :o

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Is wearing semi-transparent leggings without underwear becoming fashionable? Seen a couple of lassies rocking this look so far this week already.

Nothing like trying to hold a conversation with someone while her overgrown pudenda does its best impression of a bank robber  :o

Mumblers.

10 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Pics or... actually, never mind.

I ordered some stuff from a website (pet supplies, nothing dodgy before anyone asks). I got a text from DPD to say that my delivery address had been changed and the package had been delivered to the new address. When I challenged the supplies site they admitted that they slapped the wrong email address on my parcel and the person who's email address it was received an alert, changed the delivery address to their own and signed for the package (with my name). By an amazing coincidence the package was delivered to the address of an ex-friend so we asked a mutual friend to enquire on our behalf. The ex-friend denied that the package ever arrived with her even though DPD have a record of it.

The company sent me out a repeat order with a few freebies to make up for the cockup but we were wondering if the homeowner is likely to have any action taken against them for this? Would rather avoid further confrontation with them but I imagine we'll get blamed despite the whole thing stemming from their dishonesty. The goods we bought were only worth around £35.

Parcels going astray seems to be happening more and more. A couple of weeks ago I ordered some microwave meals (I can't cook) and got the acknowledgement e-mail that they would be delivered on Monday 10 June. On that day DHL's tracking page eventually claimed they had been delivered and signed for with my name - but it hadn't come here. I filled in their feedback form and got the automatic reply that they would contact me within one working day. By the Wednesday, nothing, so I filled in another form and said I was unwilling to accept the parcel, it being food items, and how did I claim compensation? A week went by with no response (other than the automatic one) but a mate told me that my claim was with the meals company, not DHL. I phoned DHL yesterday anyway and they said they would check with the driver but they also said I had to phone the meals company to claim. So I did and they immediately offered me a refund or replacement parcel. I went for the replacement and asked for it to be delivered tomorrow (Friday) as I was planning on going out today. In spite of this DHL e-mailed to say the parcel would be delivered today, which meant I had to change my plans. In fact they e-mailed twice, because they were delivering the original as well! The tracking page for that one had mysteriously changed from 'it has been delivered and signed for' to 'the driver couldn't get access'. Sure enough two boxes were delivered; the driver said he'd been on holiday and the relief guy had gone to the wrong address. However I'm happy because I now have two boxes of meals for the price of one, and the guy at the meal company told me to keep the original if it ever appeared. The box hasn't been tampered with and the meals are good for at least six months (they're vacuum-packed, not frozen, so no thawing out while the parcel was in limbo).

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Seeing as you got a replacement order why not just let it slide? If you wanted to you could get the polis on them but is it worth the hassle when you haven't lost out?

I dont want any further action taken on our behalf but worried the company we bought from might given there was an obvious attempt to steal the parcel.

4 hours ago, Rizzo said:

I ordered some stuff from a website (pet supplies, nothing dodgy before anyone asks). I got a text from DPD to say that my delivery address had been changed and the package had been delivered to the new address. When I challenged the supplies site they admitted that they slapped the wrong email address on my parcel and the person who's email address it was received an alert, changed the delivery address to their own and signed for the package (with my name). By an amazing coincidence the package was delivered to the address of an ex-friend so we asked a mutual friend to enquire on our behalf. The ex-friend denied that the package ever arrived with her even though DPD have a record of it.

The company sent me out a repeat order with a few freebies to make up for the cockup but we were wondering if the homeowner is likely to have any action taken against them for this? Would rather avoid further confrontation with them but I imagine we'll get blamed despite the whole thing stemming from their dishonesty. The goods we bought were only worth around £35.

Send the thieving c**t one of those glitter bombs you can order online.