Quick Question Thread

15 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

It's a winner, plus two tubes of daktarin for the price of one.

A loyalty card where you get a free verucca with every 5th pair of trainers. 

I'll see you down at the Dragon's Den. 

I always thought the Sofa King sign next to the M73 was a chuckle when i drove past it, seems like they have banned it some folk have no sense of humour. Not the actual sign image but you get the gist:

f i mind right the sign was our prices are Sofa King low cant say it wasn't catchy or memorable so well played to the commercial/marketing team..lolI

sofa king.jpg

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

I always thought the Sofa King sign next to the M73 was a chuckle when i drove past it, seems like they have banned it some folk have no sense of humour. Not the actual sign image but you get the gist:

f i mind right the sign was our prices are Sofa King low cant say it wasn't catchy or memorable so well played to the commercial/marketing team..lolI

sofa king.jpg

Except the sign is a lie. When have you ever seen a sofa warehouse that was out of stock?

5 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

image.png.3cced440f205830139871067fb72e96b.png

Wee line = Minimise

Single square = Maximise

What's the double square in the middle called?

I feel like Jack and Victor when they're in Navid's trying to remember what the right name for the door buzzer is right now.

It's called the, eh, minimise but not totally minimise thingmy. 

Or restore down, as Zen says.

On 09/11/2018 at 20:09, GordonD said:

Except the sign is a lie. When have you ever seen a sofa warehouse that was out of stock?

Most of the time tbh. The stuff in the store is display stock and any purchase is usually made to order. 

5 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Why does turnip smell so bad when it doesn't taste of anything?

It's because the turnip is actually a seabed plant and are only harvested once a year when they're washed ashore onto beaches.

At the neep tide. 

Is there a right way to lay down a pan-lid whilst cooking ,  if you take the lid off to stir whatever's in the pan or to serve up ?

Mrs A96 is adamant that there's a right way , and gets most upset if it's nae done the right way.   Not only that but she says  she was taught it at school........I must've been off the day they did pan-lid ettiquette at my school.

So , should it be handle facing up or facing down ?......or does it matter?

17 minutes ago, A96 said:

Is there a right way to lay down a pan-lid whilst cooking ,  if you take the lid off to stir whatever's in the pan or to serve up ?

Mrs A96 is adamant that there's a right way , and gets most upset if it's nae done the right way.   Not only that but she says  she was taught it at school........I must've been off the day they did pan-lid ettiquette at my school.

So , should it be handle facing up or facing down ?......or does it matter?

Surely the handle should always be facing up so you can use the thing without scalding yourself on the underside of the roasting hot lid? 

Hold on, this can't be a serious question. What the f**k is the world coming to?