Quick Question Thread

I got a new bank card for today but my current one doesn't expire for another 15 months. I haven't requested one and it's identical to the one I have apart from the 16 digit number(although only the last two numbers have changed). Can any p&b'er who works in a bank tell me if this is standard practice?
HBOS?

If so, I'm the same

12 hours ago, microdave said:

I got a new bank card for today but my current one doesn't expire for another 15 months. I haven't requested one and it's identical to the one I have apart from the 16 digit number(although only the last two numbers have changed). Can any p&b'er who works in a bank tell me if this is standard practice?

Have you used either British Airways or Ticketmaster in the last few months? If you have then you'll get a new card because they've both had a data breach and card details were stolen so the bank will have sent you a replacement card as a precaution.

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
36 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Is it too early to fire into my sandwiches*?
*chicken mayonnaise with cucumber.  I think one has a cheese slice on it as well.

No dont be daft get stuck in. Let us know how they are.

18 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

You’re all over the place, man!

First one down (was actually a roll).  No cheese slice unfortunately but I've spotted that it is on the sandwich.

Decent, chicken (salt and pepper) still moist, set off nicely by the thinly sliced cucumber.

ETA just realised I probably look very much like my avatar just now 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

First one down (was actually a roll).  No cheese slice unfortunately but I've spotted that it is on the sandwich.
Decent, chicken (salt and pepper) still moist, set off nicely by the thinly sliced cucumber.
ETA just realised I probably look very much like my avatar just now 

If it’s not sanny’s I’ve lost interest tbh. All the best.

Just now, NJ2 said:

If it’s not sanny’s I’ve lost interest tbh. All the best.

Just had half of the sanny with the cheese slice (and chicken mayo and cucumber).  Have to say it was at least a 7/10..

As a bonus I found a mini sausage roll (M&S) in the there are well which I forgot about.

Just had half of the sanny with the cheese slice (and chicken mayo and cucumber).  Have to say it was at least a 7/10..
As a bonus I found a mini sausage roll (M&S) in the there are well which I forgot about.

You put a mini sausage roll in a chicken, mayo, cucumber and cheese sandwich? I think you’re trying to wind me up right now.

Sannys (sannies?) short for sandwiches? When did this enter the lexicon? Sannys meaning trainers, yes. Sarnies short for sandwiches, yes.  

Sarny is as English as Brexit. There’s no r in sandwich.
Sanny is either a gutty or a piece.
Don’t darken my door with “sarny” or “sarnies” every again.