• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
stuart.

Quick Question Thread

I've just seen a goth over the age of 40. My question is: do the rest of them just die young, or do they look in the mirror one morning and think "get a f***ing grip"?  

P&B goths: have you ever died young? 

14 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've just seen a goth over the age of 40. My question is: do the rest of them just die young, or do they look in the mirror one morning and think "get a f***ing grip"?  

P&B goths: have you ever died young? 

There's a goth in my work who must be nearing his 50's. He's only just stopped dying his hair black.  Really nice guy though.

51 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

There's a goth in my work who must be nearing his 50's. He's only just stopped dying his hair black.  Really nice guy though.

Why do TV shows and films that have space travel elements always show spaceships with the trustees (fnarr) on the whole time? 

My limited understanding of it is that because space is a vacuum, once you're at your desired speed, you don't need thrust as there are no frictional forces to slow you down. You only then need thrust to change course, speed up  or reverse thrust to slow down/stop.

Edited by Boghead ranter

What always baffles me about shows/films with spaceships, do they have to hire two spaceships to do the external shot of the main spaceship?

Why do TV shows and films that have space travel elements always show spaceships with the trustees (fnarr) on the whole time? 
My limited understanding of it is that because space is a vacuum, once you're at your desired speed, you don't need thrust as there are no frictional forces to slow you down. You only then need thrust to change course, speed up  or reverse thrust to slow down/stop.
Faster than light travel requires the mass on an entire galaxy converted into energy to create and maintain a wormhole, which means a pretty hefty mpg.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

What always baffles me about shows/films with spaceships, do they have to hire two spaceships to do the external shot of the main spaceship?

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is there two of you?

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
33 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Faster than light travel requires the mass on an entire galaxy converted into energy to create and maintain a wormhole, which means a pretty hefty mpg.

Ah, of course.

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
50 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Nonsense. You just go into the red bit on the speedometer.

Thats what my wife thinks anyway.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Presumably you meant 'thrusters'. And as I can't think of any double-entendres involving the word 'trustees' I'm assuming you originally typed 'thrusters' and autocorrect fucked you up.

36 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Presumably you meant 'thrusters'. And as I can't think of any double-entendres involving the word 'trustees' I'm assuming you originally typed 'thrusters' and autocorrect fucked you up.

Thrusters (fnarr) is indeed what I meant!

They use a drone camera for the outside shots surely?

16 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Actually that nearly happened in 1969. When it became clear that America was going to win the race to the Moon the Russians switched the focus of their space programme to space stations, so to fill in time until the first station was ready they launched three Soyuz capsules on consecutive days intending that two would dock and the third would film it. However something went wrong and the docking was cancelled.

27 minutes ago, throbber said:

Is there a chippy in balloch?

I did try this one some years ago when passing through Balloch. and it was first class.

Italian chippys in the Glasgow/West of Scotland area are generally pretty good. :

https://palombosofballoch.co.uk/

Just now, throbber said:

I’m going there John boy!

Tell 'em Johnboy says Hi.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I did try this one some years ago when passing through Balloch. and it was first class.

Italian chippys in the Glasgow/West of Scotland area are generally pretty good. :

https://palombosofballoch.co.uk/

That's a belter, personal recommendation from me.