Quick Question Thread

I shall contact my local authority and ask them.

I used to work on building sites as a summer job and there were always local regs about when you can make a racket. Not sure where you are but for Edinburgh you'd contact: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20238/noise/752/commercial_and_construction_noise

It's not in the regs, but generally the standardised Small Building Works Contract calls for works between 8am and 6pm.

Edit to add: If you have a problem with disturbance from neighbouring building works then your local authority are the folk to speak to. The council building control team as well as the anti-social behaviour team (noise complaints) deal with these issues.

Nice one, thought it was 8-6 and slightly different to the weekends. I don't mind noise form the site next to my house, but they are ripping the arse out of it with 7am starts at the weekend (including site deliveries) and carrying on til 8 ish at night.

Nice one, thought it was 8-6 and slightly different to the weekends. I don't mind noise form the site next to my house, but they are ripping the arse out of it with 7am starts at the weekend (including site deliveries) and carrying on til 8 ish at night.

7am at weekends is pretty common round my way too where they're sticking up loads of new builds. It was mildiy irritating when they were doing the ground works and using the air hammer at 7 in the morning.

Plumbing

Just been quoted 170 excl vat for replacing corroded cistern bolts (breaking seal and resealing cistern and pan too) plus a new fill valve and connector to fill pipe.

I'm pretty sure parts from screw fix for that job come to no more than 35 and it's a Max 2 hour job but more like 1 hour.

Am I missing something difficult/ expensive?

Plumbing

Just been quoted 170 excl vat for replacing corroded cistern bolts (breaking seal and resealing cistern and pan too) plus a new fill valve and connector to fill pipe.

I'm pretty sure parts from screw fix for that job come to no more than 35 and it's a Max 2 hour job but more like 1 hour.

Am I missing something difficult/ expensive?

Time taken to diagnose/ measure up, travel to merchants(time+fuel), travel back to client, profit on materials, bacon rolls.

My pal has just text there to say she has made an appointment for a reading with a psychic next week. Not something I would be into tbh, I am probably a bit sceptical about it. What do other folk think? Has anyone had any good/bad experiences?

Why does she need to make an appointment if he's psychic?

My pal has just text there to say she has made an appointment for a reading with a psychic next week. Not something I would be into tbh, I am probably a bit sceptical about it. What do other folk think? Has anyone had any good/bad experiences?

I knew you were going to say that.