Quick Question Thread

I just heard on the tennis radio commentary that the 'Stirling Uni Barmy Army'are in the crowd.

Does anyone know if they're blacked up?

Couldn't see for the white sheets they were all wearing.

Been given a parking ticket by Edinburgh council but I really don't wanna pay it. Anyone ever got round one of these without coughing up? I know it's easily done with private companies, as I've escaped them in the past, but not with the council.

If you've got any grounds for an appeal then give it a shot. The appeals people tend to be fairly sympathetic.

Is the Red Onion restaurant in Glasgow any good?

Sno bad. It might be vegan though, but that being said, I had a nosh in there (careful now) and it was nice enough.

And here's a question from me:

In the mens' bogs, we have three cubicles, hereafter referred to as Traps 1, 2 and 3.
Heading in to make a deposit at the porcelain bank, if Trap 1 is occupied, I head for Trap 3 and vice versa. Obviously, this is to maximise the distance between me and another person expelling faeces from their rectum. If all the traps are free, I usually head for trap 3 (furthest away).
If you're mid-shite and someone comes in, you'd assume they'd head to trap 1, i.e. the one furthest away from me. But more often than not, they actually choose to be closer to me and my shite in trap 2. There is no difference (I can tell) between the three traps. So why, when taking a shite - similar to when taking a piss - would you choose to be as close as possible to someone else taking a shite?

Sorry if this diverts attention away from your question (I have no answer I'm afraid) but I've got one of my own.

I was involved in a road traffic accident in December. Today I finally got a text from my solicitor saying the other side has admitted responsibility for the accident. Now I've googled how long does a claim last - and the results gave back very vague answers, every claim is different, etc.

I accept that. But, those who have been in this situation, from your own experiences, how long did you have to wait until receiving compensation from the moment I'm at now: the other driver admitting it was his fault?

If it helps - injury is whiplash (2-3 weeks worth) and car was a total loss.

Sno bad. It might be vegan though, but that being said, I had a nosh in there (careful now) and it was nice enough.

And here's a question from me:

In the mens' bogs, we have three cubicles, hereafter referred to as Traps 1, 2 and 3.
Heading in to make a deposit at the porcelain bank, if Trap 1 is occupied, I head for Trap 3 and vice versa. Obviously, this is to maximise the distance between me and another person expelling faeces from their rectum. If all the traps are free, I usually head for trap 3 (furthest away).
If you're mid-shite and someone comes in, you'd assume they'd head to trap 1, i.e. the one furthest away from me. But more often than not, they actually choose to be closer to me and my shite in trap 2. There is no difference (I can tell) between the three traps. So why, when taking a shite - similar to when taking a piss - would you choose to be as close as possible to someone else taking a shite?

If they saw you going in they probably thought you were taking confession.

Sorry if this diverts attention away from your question (I have no answer I'm afraid) but I've got one of my own.

I was involved in a road traffic accident in December. Today I finally got a text from my solicitor saying the other side has admitted responsibility for the accident. Now I've googled how long does a claim last - and the results gave back very vague answers, every claim is different, etc.

I accept that. But, those who have been in this situation, from your own experiences, how long did you have to wait until receiving compensation from the moment I'm at now: the other driver admitting it was his fault?

Shut up. We're talking etiquette here!

How long is a piece of string? I deal with insurance claims everyday and it could range from a couple weeks to a few months. Get your solicitor to chase the Third Party constantly.

Was there on Saturday night and it wasn't too bad at all like you've said. They were turning folk away at the door so was glad we booked ahead.

How do you get rid of all the gunk that accumulates on your glasses? Before some smart arse says 'clean them', it gets into all the difficult to reach bits like the nose pads which my chubby fingers won't reach into.

Put them in the washing machine.

How long is a piece of string? I deal with insurance claims everyday and it could range from a couple weeks to a few months. Get your solicitor to chase the Third Party constantly.

Okay, so you can't give me an exact timeframe. But how much compensation will I get?

TrollFaceDancing.gif

Nah that's fine - I was just curious if anyone has been in the same situation and how long they waited for. I'm patient.