Quick Question Thread

One for anyone who is a half decent decorator ( unlike myself)

In my flat the walls have been scratched ( 2 kittens in home) We are moving out ASAP and need to fix them basically. We are looking to paint over the wallpaper after smoothing the wall down with sandpaper as its wallpaper thats up. It doesn thave to be anything special or last long as we just need it to look good for us getting the deposit back.

Would ordinary paint do the job for at least a few months?

One for anyone who is a half decent decorator ( unlike myself)

In my flat the walls have been scratched ( 2 kittens in home) We are moving out ASAP and need to fix them basically. We are looking to paint over the wallpaper after smoothing the wall down with sandpaper as its wallpaper thats up. It doesn thave to be anything special or last long as we just need it to look good for us getting the deposit back.

Would ordinary paint do the job for at least a few months?

How can you sand the walls if there is paper on them?

Guest The Phoenix
Well, yeah, but why the fùck would you sand wallpaper, then paint over it?

So he can cover up his kittens' crimes long enough to prevent detection whilst he makes good his escape.

Guest The Phoenix
Yeah looking to smooth it out and paint over it just so we can get the deposit back.

They fucked us about when we moved in so evens itself out.

Which letting agent are you with, Gav?

Its right at the entry to the living room so one night they decided to scratch that rather than the post they have.

We are looking at more options but the wallpaper has been painted over already so we were thinking to coats over it would do the job as when we moved in the paper was pretty tacky.

Guest The Phoenix

Job done Gav..

Unless they have photos taken at the time you moved in (and verifiable as such) it's your word against theirs and the Tenants Deposit Protection Scheme Scotland will undoubtedly come down in your favour if the worst happens and your landlord challenges the full refund of your deposit.

The Scottish Open at Aberdeen - does anyone know if tickets need to be by post through the website or can you just turn up on the day and buy there?

I'm guessing the latter but I'm seeing no indication that you can.

The Scottish Open at Aberdeen - does anyone know if tickets need to be by post through the website or can you just turn up on the day and buy there?

I'm guessing the latter but I'm seeing no indication that you can.

Turn up will be fine

Has anyone ever had a weekend no camping ticket for TITP but a different person has used the ticket for a day? Is it only camping tickets who get wristbands to get in and non camping people just use the ticket every day and get it scanned as they enter?

Anyone on here ever had a hip problem? Whilst I know that is pretty vague and without sounding presumptuous and stereotypical, it'll most likely be posters older than myself. I'll diverge a little and say it's just my right hip and recently it's been seizing up and hurting if I sit still for too long and especially in the morning. It was apparently clear this morning, I went for a run and it took about a mile before it stopped hurting and the feeling that it was out of place.

So like I was saying, has anyone any experience of this sort of problem. I'd rather not go to the doctors about it, but then again its been getting worse. Thoughts?? Seems I'm in an ask P&B for advice mood today!

Needing to get bus to Dunfermline from Edinburgh for work the websites I'm googling aren't helping me much does anyone else do this route and how much does it cost?? Need to be in Dunf for 8 am

Needing to get bus to Dunfermline from Edinburgh for work the websites I'm googling aren't helping me much does anyone else do this route and how much does it cost?? Need to be in Dunf for 8 am

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/getTimetable.ashx?code=XHAO055A&dir=OUTBOUND&date=12%2f07%2f2014

ETA the choo choo.

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/default/files/FifeMay14.pdf

Edited by Zen Archer