Quick Question Thread

Apparently it's not knives we worry about here.......over the last weekend something like 50 shooting incidents in Chicago!!!

More guns required IMO. If only those 50 victims had been armed none of these incidents would have happened.

Hi m8s,

I need to leave my part-time job soon, as I'm going home to the leafy Clyde Riviera for summer. Just need to check how I go about doing this. I've been working part-time in a bar(Wetherspoons) since mid-October/November(I can't remember which), so am I right in thinking I only need to give a weeks notice? I'm scheduled to work the 26th and 27th, an would like to leave after that. Could I hand in a letter tonight, an would that be sufficient notice? What if they've already scheduled me in the rota for the week after, can I tell them to shove it?

ps. Is the notice just a short letter? "Dear managers, thanks for the oppurtunity.. blah.. blah.. I'd like to leave after my last scheduled shift on the 27th.. yours sincerely".

TL;DR: How do I leave my part-time job?

Hi m8s,

I need to leave my part-time job soon, as I'm going home to the leafy Clyde Riviera for summer. Just need to check how I go about doing this. I've been working part-time in a bar(Wetherspoons) since mid-October/November(I can't remember which), so am I right in thinking I only need to give a weeks notice? I'm scheduled to work the 26th and 27th, an would like to leave after that. Could I hand in a letter tonight, an would that be sufficient notice? What if they've already scheduled me in the rota for the week after, can I tell them to shove it?

ps. Is the notice just a short letter? "Dear managers, thanks for the oppurtunity.. blah.. blah.. I'd like to leave after my last scheduled shift on the 27th.. yours sincerely".

TL;DR: How do I leave my part-time job?

If you're paid weekly, a week should be enough though I'm sure they'd prefer longer if possible to give them time to replace you.

This has been annoying me for ages, who is this guy and where is it taken from?

2luuqhe.jpg

That would be wrestling commentator/manager/booker Jim Cornette. Here's him looking less shocked.

jimcornette.jpg

A very keen tennis player by all accounts.

I bought a new mobile phone from the Carphone Warehouse website yesterday. It's T-Mobile. It arrived this morning and I've been using it since. I think the contract has begun 100%, no part monthly line-rental or that. I tried to phone T-Mobile to make sure, but I couldn't get through to a human being. Will I be charged like £200 on top of the 35 odd quid per month for using the internet and sending texts today in my first bill?

I can't remember if Vodafone did this.

Good Friday today. What's so fecking good about it? Jesus was fucking crucified today. Good Sunday I could understand, but I'm going to refer today as Bad Friday, not least cos I've got a stinking hangover and an 8 mile walk to get my motor.