Quick Question Thread

Is it legal to park on the pavement? Having problems round my area with cars parking on them, forcing people to walk on the road

https://www.gov.uk/waiting-and-parking/parking-239-to-247

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

Law GL(GP)A sect 15

Complain to your local council?

Are there really no flights from Glasgow or Edinburgh to London anymore with Ryanair or is the website just fucked right now? Been checking for over a week now.

Doesn't appear to be no. Although a quick look on skyscanner you can get flights to Gat and Luton for £60 odd anytime of the year. Better service with easyjet as well.

You can actually fly with BA to gatwick for £70 as well.

I've lost track a bit of this 'plebgate' stuff.

Did Andrew Mitchell actually swear at the polis but they've 'sexed up' what happened or did they make it all up completely?

He admitted swearing at them but denies calling them "plebs".

Doesn't appear to be no. Although a quick look on skyscanner you can get flights to Gat and Luton for £60 odd anytime of the year. Better service with easyjet as well.

You can actually fly with BA to gatwick for £70 as well.

I should have specified it was Stansted I wanted to get to, want to fly to Treviso for New Year and I thought that would be my only option. Worked out I can pay 90 euros with a change in Brussels instead though.

I should have specified it was Stansted I wanted to get to, want to fly to Treviso for New Year and I thought that would be my only option. Worked out I can pay 90 euros with a change in Brussels instead though.

As Welshbairn says, you can fly easyjet to Stanstead for £60. Unless you need to fly with Ryanair, I'd reckon that's your best bet.

There's a Killie fan who always takes stick for the way he constructs sentences before someone always points out 'he's deaf and types the way he would sign'.

Surely given the fact a deaf person can read perfectly well, you'd know how sentence construction, words order etc work. Is there a reason a deaf person sholdn't be able to write/type normally? Perhaps a bit ignorant on my part but I really don't get it.

There's a Killie fan who always takes stick for the way he constructs sentences before someone always points out 'he's deaf and types the way he would sign'.

Surely given the fact a deaf person can read perfectly well, you'd know how sentence construction, words order etc work. Is there a reason a deaf person sholdn't be able to write/type normally? Perhaps a bit ignorant on my part but I really don't get it.

He types the way he signs his words. It's perhaps the easiest way for him.

He types the way he signs his words. It's perhaps the easiest way for him.

But surely if you could contruct sentences normally, you would?

Is it a case of he can write 'normal' sentences but doesn't becuase typing the way he signs is easier and quicker, or he doesn't know how to? The latter seems a bit strange given the amount of reading you any persona would do over the years.

But surely if you could contruct sentences normally, you would?

Is it a case of he can write 'normal' sentences but doesn't becuase typing the way he signs is easier and quicker, or he doesn't know how to? The latter seems a bit strange given the amount of reading you any persona would do over the years.

Like I said I think it's because it's just easier and more convenient for him. It's not difficult to get what he's saying.

KeeperDee, on 27 Oct 2013 - 20:26, said:

Like I said I think it's because it's just easier and more convenient for him. It's not difficult to get what he's saying.

I'm hitting quote to just the last person that posted. My question is, once I've posted I see the quote heading, for example: 'KeeperDee, on 27 Oct 2013 - 20:26' but then I also see that again inserted into my quote if that makes sense? Is this just me? Does my quoting of KeeperDee's post just look like a normal post or what?

I'm hitting quote to just the last person that posted. My question is, once I've posted I see the quote heading, for example: 'KeeperDee, on 27 Oct 2013 - 20:26' but then I also see that again inserted into my quote if that makes sense? Is this just me? Does my quoting of KeeperDee's post just look like a normal post or what?

No, you've definitely got an extra line in there, not sure why though

I regularly drive by the O2 Academy early in the afternoon to see folk (usually kids) already queuing for that evening's gig.

As a non-concert type, can someone enlighten me as to what's going on here? Is it just to get a prime position right at the front? Is it to try to see the act when they arrive at the venue? Is it something else entirely?

I regularly drive by the O2 Academy early in the afternoon to see folk (usually kids) already queuing for that evening's gig.

As a non-concert type, can someone enlighten me as to what's going on here? Is it just to get a prime position right at the front? Is it to try to see the act when they arrive at the venue? Is it something else entirely?

The O2 have a policy that Children (under 16's) are allowed but only before 4pm. Hence the queues.

Often it's both. I went to see Mark Owen during the summer (no, I'm not embarrassed) and there was girls there who had been to a few dates of the tour that basically followed him around the country. They camped outside the venues to make sure they were front row and took it in turns to keep their place in the queue and watch for him turning up. Now, I've been to more than one night for a tour before but even by my standards that's mental business.