Quick Question Thread

Runner runner, she wanted to see Filth but J. Timberlake is a dece boy

Are you a nutter? She should kick you in the pie as you evidently have one. Imagine picking Runner Runner over Filth. Does she know she's going with a wee jessie?

Runner Runner is actually a no bad wee film.

Anyone got a list of proper Chinese supermarkets in Glasgow, I know where to get real deal Indian shit in Pollokshields, I think the Chinese crew is kind of up Cowcaddens way, is there anywhere else cause I'm never anywhere near there?

ETA its for legit rice wine, oyster sauce, groundnut oil, etc rather than Chinese veg.

Edited by Lambie's Pigeon Feed

Anyone got a list of proper Chinese supermarkets in Glasgow, I know where to get real deal Indian shit in Pollokshields, I think the Chinese crew is kind of up Cowcaddens way, is there anywhere else cause I'm never anywhere near there?

ETA its for legit rice wine, oyster sauce, groundnut oil, etc rather than Chinese veg.

http://www.matthewsfoods.co.uk/eng_contact_us.htm

Matthews is good, but Seewoo is the best Chinese supermarket I know of

http://www.seewoo.com/glasgow

Hold the bus... so the one in Aberdeen (which I lived beside for a few years) is a chain??! This is worst than that time I got off at Waverley station and realised that Jimmy Chungs was one (although my idea of good food has changed considerably since those student days).

I presumed Matthews was part of the big f*** off temple-looking Chinese restaurant next door to it, although the odd name makes a bit of sense now. Why world, why?! My faith in you has been shaken yet again. :(

Hold the bus... so the one in Aberdeen (which I lived beside for a few years) is a chain??! This is worst than that time I got off at Waverley station and realised that Jimmy Chungs was one (although my idea of good food has changed considerably since those student days).

I presumed Matthews was part of the big f*** off temple-looking Chinese restaurant next door to it, although the odd name makes a bit of sense now. Why world, why?! My faith in you has been shaken yet again. :(

TBH I thought they only did Southern Comfort.

And for what it's worth, you were probably looking for Jimmy Chugs.

There's one in Cambridge Street opposite he Thistle Hotel.

Further up Cambridge Street towards Cowcaddens tube and to the left there is the China Town and there is stuff in there.

Are the Indian shops in Pollokshields better than the ones on Woodlands Road?

The last time I was at the cinema I got a 2 for 1 voucher for next time (expires on the 10th). Good news eh? But I'm taking a bird to the cinema, do I say I'm paying for her then wap out this voucher looking like a cheapskate? Or try to get her to go get food or something so she doesn't notice? What's the etiquette? It's a saving of like 7 quid and I won't be in the cinema again before it runs out

#bigchoices

Use the voucher and pick up the tickets before you meet her.

Cheers for the advice (and terrible puns) but I've actually got a much more pressing issue now. I had legally parked my car on a road near my flat on Sunday night. Now there are roadworks on the road where it was and my car has disappeared. Must have been towed, but surely I won't have to pay to get it back since I hadn't illegally parked it and there were no warnings about future roadworks? Also where is it likely to have been taken (I live in hyndland area of Glasgow)?

Okay, I have to pay £150 to get the car back. But how should I go about contacting the council to give me my money back since I'd done nothing illegal.

Okay, I have to pay £150 to get the car back. But how should I go about contacting the council to give me my money back since I'd done nothing illegal.

I'm going to guess that there will be contact details on the Council website? Or possibly the ticket/receipt you get when you pay for and pick up your car will have details about how to Appeal?