Quick Question Thread

Anyone else get the following problems using the app (on iPad)?

Not being able to upload files (or on any version actually)

A blank page where there should be text when you go try to edit a post.

I also see on the 2nd Div forum avatar thread that the posts I made on my mobile have the quotes all screwed up, yet it all looks fine through Safari in both mobile and desktop view.

Also... can anyone suggest common shops that sell cable ties? 10x white board pens too.

The indoor market in aberdeen if your close to town,or as ruggy says any of the major supermarkets

Cheers. Will pop down to the scary market, hoping there's still a Thains.

You can get everything in there.Its a maze,i hadnt been in for years but had a wander around on saturday whilst killing some time

Guest The Phoenix

Also... can anyone suggest common shops that sell cable ties? 10x white board pens too.

I've got some spare that you can have for free.

"Buyer Collects" only, I'm afraid.

You'll be fine, honestly. The whole antibiotics mixed with alcohol making you extremely fucked is largely a myth as there's only a few types of antibiotics that are likely to have a bad effect, none of which are very common.

I would imagine that people just use it as an excuse, much like when folk claim they must have been spiked to get in such a state despite being a bearded, overweight, balding male that drank a 70cl before even going out.

Fair enough, cheers. I gave it a google also and it really only mentioned certain types of antiobiotics like you say, mine werent mentioned anywhere so i'll get a few beers and see how I go.

This is a reasonably serious question, but snidey remarks will also be gladly welcomed.

I'm still very good friends with my ex-girlfriend. The only reason we broke up (3 years ago) is beause she moved down to London for uni/work. We text regularly and I've met up with her a fair few times in the last couple of years, including staying over at her flat down there.

She is coming back up to Glasgow in a couple of weeks and says she wants to meet my current girlfriend, but I'm slightly worried that could throw up a bit of an awkward situation and I'm not sure what to do. As far as I can see it, my options are...

1) Say no, and explain it could cause awkwardness.

2) Go out with my ex, my girlfriend and a few others friends without revealing we used to go out. She'd get to meet her without there being any awkwardness, though I'd not exactly be telling the whole truth

3) Go out with a my ex, my girlfriend and a few other friend and tell her that we used to go out. I'd be telling the complete truth and the fact there would be a few people there would limit potential awkwardness.

4) Go for a drink with just the two of them. Despite my girlfriend being non possessive and ery relaxed, it might make her a bit uncomfortable.

Thoughts P&B?

Good God man, whatever you do don't do number 2!

That's a massive clusterfuck waiting to happen.

eta: I feel I'd be letting P&B down if i didn't add a "get her pumped" and a "kick her/them in the pie"

Carry on

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Yep, got to agree with Knightswood Bear, option number two would be an absolute nightmare. It would almost certainly get mentioned by someone during the evening.

I would say to the current girlfriend that a group of your friends are going out for the evening, and you were wondering if she fancied coming along. If she says yes, casually mention that you were shegging one of the people who is tagging along, but it was ages ago.

She's a sound enough girl, so should be fine with it.

I'd also suggest that later in the evening, if they are fairly drunk and getting on well, that you casually mention threesomes. Stranger things have happened.

I'd also suggest that later in the evening, if they are fairly drunk and getting on well, that you casually mention threesomes.

:lol: This has potential gold thread written all over it.