Quick Question Thread

Phone them up would be my suggestion.

I had to phone them to change bank accounts.

I was able to change the bank account online, but didn't have time to phone. Cheers, will phone later.

I bought a jar of Patak's Rogan Josh cooking sauce the other day, and as far as 5 minutes inspecting the jar goes, there is absolutely zero nutritional information about it on the jar. Is this even legal? I'm actually quite fucking annoyed by this.

Edited by hazzi

Why has my laptop started "playing" music/radio stations(some in foreign languages) and TV stations?

Switched it on tonight, all of a sudden, before I open any programmes, I getthis noise AND IT WON'T GO AWAY!

ETA: Any suggestions? Is it infected with bad aids? Do I need to put it out of my misery?

Edited by Raidernation

Why has my laptop started "playing" music/radio stations(some in foreign languages) and TV stations?

Switched it on tonight, all of a sudden, before I open any programmes, I getthis noise AND IT WON'T GO AWAY!

ETA: Any suggestions? Is it infected with bad aids? Do I need to put it out of my misery?

Try msconfig and see what's on your startup programs.

I bought a jar of Patak's Rogan Josh cooking sauce the other day, and as far as 5 minutes inspecting the jar goes, there is absolutely zero nutritional information about it on the jar. Is this even legal? I'm actually quite fucking annoyed by this.

The advert wants you to believe it's all made by the wee boy's mum in her house kitchen. When did your mum ever give you the nutritional info with your mince and tatties?

What would happen if you had an unlimited monthly council car park permit with the registration plate noted on it but you happened to go to work, forgetting to show it on the dashboard. Could you successfully challenge the inevitable fine or would you just be f***ed and out of pocket?

Not happened to us yet but it's bound to happen eventually.

Edited by Hedgecutter

What would happen if you had an unlimited monthly council car park permit with the registration plate noted on it but you happened to go to work, forgetting to show it on the dashboard. Could you successfully challenge the inevitable fine or would you just be f***ed and out of pocket?

Not happened to us yet but it's bound to happen eventually.

Pretty sure if the ticket is not displayed at the time you will be liable for a penalty fine.

Its the same if your road tax disc falls off your windscreen and is no longer visible

What's Sheffield like? Any of you people ever been? Is it nice? Could you live there? What if I was going to live there for 6 months, good idea? I don't know anyone who lives there, so I'd be all alone. I don't mind that though.

It's not far enough away or long enough.

The Full Monty was seen as Sheffield's tourism campaign, that should say enough. You could probably put up with anywhere for 6 months though, I presume this temp move is just work related?

Guest The Phoenix

What's Sheffield like? Any of you people ever been? Is it nice? Could you live there? What if I was going to live there for 6 months, good idea? I don't know anyone who lives there, so I'd be all alone. I don't mind that though.

I worked there for nearly two years (staying Monday to Friday),

Fantastic city with good nightlife and superb sports facilities.

Go for it.