Quick Question Thread

Really? I thought a hot drink would help.

See when you get really warm, in the summer for example, do you feel more or less likely to faint?

Or, from another perspective, if you feel lightheaded, you take a cold drink.

Vasodilation, which happens when you're warm, means your blood has more work to do (I'm typing this on my phone, I can't be bothered to go into more detail) and less going to your brain.

Vasoconstriction, happens when you cool down, keeps blood more central to your vital bits and means that you're brain is unlikely to go short of blood and, therefore, oxygen.

When watchin sky sports there is a list of numbers above the sky sports logo,whits that all about

I believe its called a clock. To display this magical thing called "time"

I thought somebody like you would post this. I was right.

Do you have an answer fine sir? Or will we just continue our merry dance for the rest of time?

When I was a kid I there was a series of books I used to read with anthropomorphic mice running about having battles and shit. There was loads of them. This was probably late nineties although they could have been published before.

Any idea what these books were called? I'm not going to re-read them or anything but it popped into my head and it's annoying me that I can't remember any details.

When I was a kid I there was a series of books I used to read with anthropomorphic mice running about having battles and shit. There was loads of them. This was probably late nineties although they could have been published before.

Any idea what these books were called? I'm not going to re-read them or anything but it popped into my head and it's annoying me that I can't remember any details.

Animorphs?

There are a couple of random 'nets' over the A96 which are supported by scaffolding. Both coincide with National Grid lines but what are they for? No evidence of work done on the lines so what are they for? Safety for tight-rope walkers?

On that last point, I know a tight rope walker wouldn't get zapped because they're not earthed but how does a current 'know' to take the easiest route along the wire rather than go up one of the guy's legs and down the other? (Presume he's barefoot)

Compare that to a stream with pebble bars: Most water current travels down the main channel but if you have a small branch channel, some water still goes along it (and you'll still get wet even though water prefers to go the shorter, more direct route.

My wife and I currently pay for our TV Licence quarterly, it's £37 each time. Does anyone know how I can change this to monthly? I've tried Googling it but their website doesn't really make it very clear.

My wife and I currently pay for our TV Licence quarterly, it's £37 each time. Does anyone know how I can change this to monthly? I've tried Googling it but their website doesn't really make it very clear.

Phone them up would be my suggestion.

I had to phone them to change bank accounts.

Martin Lewis (google Money Saving Expert) did a bit about TV licenses this week, including switching from quarterly to monthly. It'll all be on his website.

Guest The Phoenix

Definitely.

Stirling Albion currently pay by monthly direct debit - £12.12 per month.