Quick Question Thread

Does anyone know of any shops or supermarkets that sell cachaca at all (a Brazilian liquor)

Tried Oddbins, nae luck.

You'll have to go more up market than that, you need a good independent booze shop, you can get decent bottles in Peckhams in Glasgow. Various online places sell it as well and the cheaper online bottles are still less even delivered than the ones in Peckhams.

You'll have to go more up market than that, you need a good independent booze shop, you can get decent bottles in Peckhams in Glasgow. Various online places sell it as well and the cheaper online bottles are still less even delivered than the ones in Peckhams.

I'll try the Peckhams in Aberdeen, cheers.

Always entertains me how they want to be as a 'fancy' shop but have a name which just makes me think of Only Fools and Horses. Maybe they've just whooshed me.

Does anyone know of any shops or supermarkets that sell cachaca at all (a Brazilian liquor)

Tried Oddbins, nae luck.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/C-368.aspx I bought Absinthe and a few types of malts of here, never had a problem buying off this website. I was thinking of trying sake next. What does cachaca taste like? I've never heard of it.

I'm travelling round Europe for a month at the start of the summer and have no idea what countries I'll end up in and what currencies I'll need, so what is the best/ cheapest/ most efficient way of accessing my money whilst I'm out there?

I'd assume there must be better ways than just using my bank card at cashlines and incurring massive fees every time.

Apply for a Halifax Clarity Credit Card.

See details here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money

I have one that I only use for money when I'm abroad, but you have to be able to afford to pay it off in full as soon as you get the statement.

Personally, I pay whatever balance is owing within a couple of days of getting back, then only have to pay pennies of interest on the cash advances when the statement comes in.

Last trip abroad, I spent around £800 on the card, got a great conversion rate on my Euros and was charged 94p in interest charges.

http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/C-368.aspx I bought Absinthe and a few types of malts of here, never had a problem buying off this website. I was thinking of trying sake next. What does cachaca taste like? I've never heard of it.

Taste of its own really but quite sweet seeing as it's from sugar cane. The other half likes capirinha cocktails so thought it would be a nice surprise. By that I really mean I want some with added bonuses from her.

Tried Oddbins, nae luck.

Admittedly a bit out of the way for you, but have you tried Gordon & MacPhail in Elgin?

Oh, Oh, and Luvians in Cupar.

Edited by Zen Archer

Admittedly a bit out of the way for you, but have you tried Gordon & MacPhail in Elgin?

Oh, Oh, and Luvians in Cupar.

I thought Gordon & MacPhail was just a distiller group? Is there a secret warehouse full of rare magical drinks or something? Please say yes, I'm in Keith tomorrow.

I really hope so or I've just been playing Temple Run for an hour and a half.

I looked at the clock. I thought I had been watching Dad's Army clips on youtube for an hour and a half. Time well spent if you ask me.

Taste of its own really but quite sweet seeing as it's from sugar cane. The other half likes capirinha cocktails so thought it would be a nice surprise. By that I really mean I want some with added bonuses from her.

Make sure you have a mortal and pestal and crushed ice, they are a total bitch to make at home, they always turn out way too strong and I don't know why. In Brazil they give you a massive glass full and just give it a wee mix in a glass and it is strong but not brutally so like the ones I've made at parties or whatever, and I've tried it loads.

Does anyone else remember the mushroom and wine variety of Pasta'n'sauce? I used to love it but I haven't seen it in years.

I think I posted the very same question on this thread a while back - can't remember whether or not it was answered but I believe they've been discontinued, which is a real shame as they were much better than the Chicken and Mushroom flavour I've now had to settle for.