Quick Question Thread

Can someone recommend a decent place in Glasgow city centre for an affordable cooked breakfast on Sunday?

The Wetherspoons right next to Queen Street Station? Can't remember the name of it.

Aye, any of the Wetherspoons (Counting House and Camperdown Place at Queen St Station and The Crystal Palace near Central) do a pretty decent fry up.

Cheers. Another (hopefully different): What are the chances of those 7 numbers (out of 49) coming out in that particular order in comparison to other random combinations? Is that different?

Probability is measured, as a fraction, of the number of favourable outcomes divided by the total number of possible outcomes.

If you think of your example - picking 7 numbers from 49 - the first ball drawn has a 7/49 chance of being one of yours, the second 6/48, then 5/47, 4/46, 3/45, 2/44, 1/43.

The probability is found by multiplying these together - (7/49) x (6/48) x (5/47) x (4/46) x (3/45) x (2/44) x (1/43). You get a probability of 5040/432938943360, or 0.000000011641. This works out as a 1 in 85,903,272 chance of getting 7 numbers from 49.

Wanting them in a particular order is a similar calculation, except that you're only wanting one particular number to come out each time. So the probability of the number 1 being drawn first is 1/49, then the number 2 is 1/48, and so on - 1/47, 1/46, 1/45, 1/44, 1/43. Multiply these together and you get a probability of 1/432938943360, which is a 1 in 413,259,900,480 chance.

I've got five months to run on a mobile contract at about £37 a month. Does anyone know if I could just pay a lump sum of £185 to the account and thus my future bills will just come off of this balance? I'm with Three.

I've got five months to run on a mobile contract at about £37 a month. Does anyone know if I could just pay a lump sum of £185 to the account and thus my future bills will just come off of this balance? I'm with Three.

I think if you tried to explain that concept to most of 3s customer service employees their heads would explode!

I think if you tried to explain that concept to most of 3s customer service employees their heads would explode!

:lol: Yes, this is what I'm worried about. I'm going to phone them at lunchtime and see what they say.

My mobile phone contract with 3 ends this month, and I can't actually seem to find any answer to this is my account section on their website. Does anyone know if I need to phone them up to cancel it or whatever, or will it just stop? It was a 24 month contract.