Quick Question Thread

So the skip is getting picked up tomoro, they havnt said zero so i expect not to be charged further on whatever i have put in there skips. However i need another skip and i need to pay another £150, this in which i will have for a few weeks. Surely i dont need to pay any more since they havnt stated it?

Depends if you ever received any real paperwork for it. I would have expected they would have stated a disposal charge somewhere, but perhaps for ease (if they have a lot of private customers) they may have just averaged out the costs and made it an all-in single fee regardless of what you put in it. Risky way to do business, as they'd have to hope they win more than they lose, or charge a much higher price than their competitors.

Either way, they should have told you though. I would never expect any of my staff to forget these important details when quoting for a client, but if they did and I was the customer, I would make a massive song and dance about it and refuse to pay for disposal if it was never mentioned.

Edit: Sorry I can't be too specific, as the thing with the waste industry is that the recycling part of it has caused a boom and the rapid growth of the sector means there's a lot of new businesses about with people who've never worked in a similar sector before, meaning that there's no real standard practice to the whole thing. The world and it's mother seems to be involved in it now, when years ago 99% of it was done by multi-nationals like Shanks & McEwan, Biffa, BIN etc.

Edited by Spain

Guest The Phoenix

Can anyone tell me how I would go about investigating if I'm due PPI? I've had a quick google, but I don't really know where to start!

Pop through and answer the phone in the SAFC office for a day and you'll get at least half a dozen folk offering you advice. :ph34r:

I'm going to a wedding in St Andrews tomorrow. Booked a hotel in Dundee, just going to get a taxi through. Not sure what the boozing will be like, so could anyone give me recommendations on where to go if we end up in Dundee by midnight? Or is St. Andrews a decent night out? Curfews or anything I should be aware of!

Cheers

No papers were signed, was cash in hand. They just came and picked up and now got another one, a bit dear but a job well done from them.

In that case, just don't tell anyone (if you get what I mean), and no I doubt you'll get another bill for disposal :ph34r:

Not sure if this deserves a thread of its own, so i'll maybe start one if i feel it does.

Do cats and foxes often fight each other?

This certainly deserves it's own thread. A who would win between ..... Insert animal v animal thread would make great reading. For example a Mongoose would surely kick the arse out of a ferret ( according to a well known Pars player ).

This certainly deserves it's own thread. A who would win between ..... Insert animal v animal thread would make great reading. For example a Mongoose would surely kick the arse out of a ferret ( according to a well known Pars player ).

Been done.