Quick Question Thread

Is football manager game for iPhone any good? Or a poor imitation?

I like it, it's a good time-passer. Very stripped down compared to the full PC game. Quite similar to CM 01/02.

I guess it's easier now due to Sky / Freeview boxes these days, but how were TV ratings worked out before everything went digital? Can radio estimate the audience too - i.e. how would the Beeb work out that hardly anyone listened to Traynor anymore and give him the boot?

unsure.gif

I guess it's easier now due to Sky / Freeview boxes these days, but how were TV ratings worked out before everything went digital? Can radio estimate the audience too - i.e. how would the Beeb work out that hardly anyone listened to Traynor anymore and give him the boot?

unsure.gif

Special boxes in a representative selection of homes that collected data and extrapolated it to the whole population.

Why does water taste funny from a mug but not from a glass? Is that actually the taste of mug you're getting? huh.gif

Ah, the old "Irn Bru is best in a glass bottle" chest nut.

To answer your question, no I don't know ;)

Resigning from my job this week to go travelling. Is there a good way to do it? The boss isn't going to be happy.

MMS him a picture of you in Kho San Road in Bangkok on Monday morning. He'll get the idea you won't be in and you won't be there to give a f**k if he's happy or not.

Resigning from my job this week to go travelling. Is there a good way to do it? The boss isn't going to be happy.

Someone on here once said that they told their boss they were leaving to start a rock band.

To give a *serious* answer, make sure it's done properly and that you work your notice. Never leave a job on bad terms - for all you know you might run out of money in two months and be back in Scotland looking for a job.

Be very careful with borrowing all you can, be realistic with what you can afford and still live. How often for example do you wanna save away for something and figure I can put X away per month but fall a bit short each month. I've got mates who can do frig all cause they went OTT on the mortgage. When I planned mine I set a generous figure aside for 'pissing up the wall money' then added more to it. Don't leave yourself on the breadline, enjoy life.

Another mortgage question. Keep me right here?

Salary = £30000 rising to £35000 in a couple of years, most likely rising to £40,000 further down the line.

Deposit = £25000

3.5 x 35000 = £122500 borrow

£122500 borrow + £25000 deposit = £147500 property.

Haven't factored in interest yet, but roughly..... too cautious, sensible, pushing it?