Quick Question Thread

I feel I should really read some of that 'Rangers thread' but it seeks like an effort. Some summise it.

Currants are fucked

See how that ING Direct advert, is the guy doing the voice the same guy that does some of the cricket on Sky Sports? The old geezer with the scary eyebrows?

See how that ING Direct advert, is the guy doing the voice the same guy that does some of the cricket on Sky Sports? The old geezer with the scary eyebrows?

Yep, its Bumble.

So it looks like the Newco aren't going to get the number of votes they need to remain in the SPL. My question therefore is, how exactly does the vote work for the league clubs (Divisions 1, 2 and 3, I presume) in deciding which league they start next season in?

It doesn't........or rather, it shouldn't. If it's not SPL they need to apply to a new league, probably The SFL, who presently could only accomodate them in Div 3. If an amalgamation of the league was rushed through before the newco vote, or is agreed in principle there is a possibilty that this new entity, combining SPL and SFL could theoretically reccomend that the newco starts in any of their divisions.

England do this sometimes ie Chester didn't go as low as the absolute bottom on reforming as grounds a that level couldn't accomodate them so they got in a bit higher.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

i heard two guys arguing about it on the train home from work yesterday. one guy said that fish can't swim backwards because they would drown, that is what made me curious.

I'm sure I read that if you were to grab a fish's tail and pull it backwards then water would be forced into its gills dues to unnatural movement and going the 'wrong way' and the fish would effectively drown.

A quick question regarding mortgages.

I think I'm right in saying you can get a mortgae 3 times your joint annual income. If our joint income was £50,000 then that would mean we could get a mortgage for a £150,000 house. However, if we had a £30,000 deposit, could we get a £180,000 house?

Simple logic would suggest yes, but just wanted to double check.

I think I'm right in saying you can get a mortgae 3 times your joint annual income. If our joint income was £50,000 then that would mean we could get a mortgage for a £150,000 house. However, if we had a £30,000 deposit, could we get a £180,000 house?

Yes. I think it is usually 3.5 times a joint income and 3 times a single income.

Guest The Phoenix

Anything you have to put down as a deposit is a "bonus" on top of the mortgage you can get based on your income but the days of 100% mortgages are largely gone.

So, using your example if you were purchasing a house for £150,000, you'd likely be looking at a minimum deposit of £15k and on a £180,000 house, £18k.

Guest The Phoenix

Does it not depend on yer job aswell, if its a "secure" job or not?

You wouldn't get a mortgage in the first place if your job wasn't secure.

Tesco_slogan_2.jpg

Be very careful with borrowing all you can, be realistic with what you can afford and still live. How often for example do you wanna save away for something and figure I can put X away per month but fall a bit short each month. I've got mates who can do frig all cause they went OTT on the mortgage. When I planned mine I set a generous figure aside for 'pissing up the wall money' then added more to it. Don't leave yourself on the breadline, enjoy life.

I fancy something to eat. All I've got is 12 eggs, cheese, bread, pasta, rice, milk, an entire red bell pepper, some carrots and a whole load of ready-made shite like super-noodles. Can someone suggest something I can make?

Edited by dane-don

I fancy something to eat. All I've got is 12 eggs, cheese, bread, pasta, rice, milk, an entire red bell pepper, some carrots and a whole load of ready-made shite like super-noodles. Can someone suggest something I can make?

Is a cheese and pepper omelette too obvious?

Cheese on toast.

Cheese sandwich.

It's a bit too disgusting and unhealthy sounding.

f**k it man, I'm going to cook some sort of pasta casserole with a jar of curry sauce.

That's cheating! You never said you had curry sauce!

Vegetable curry with rice. Easy and healthy too.