Quick Question Thread

Why would you want to buy it?

I tried it ages ago, but preferred Teamviewer

You would probably have got more replies posting this on the e-chat quick question thread ;)

I'd use it on my phone and tablet to view files on my home PC, rather than lug that about all the time.

What's Teamviewer and is it cheaper than Logmein?

If you're under 24 (or is it under 20? can't quite remember) then your employer can get an SVQ in retail management paid for by the government for you. Basically an independent training organisation would come into your work once a month or so to assess you and have you do a few exercises. They don't cost you or your employer anything if you're within the age range allowed for and typically last around a year to complete. Afterwards they award you a certificate proving you've attained SVQ Level 2 or whatever level the qualification is. Search online for Skillsmart.

Cheers, I'll try it.

This may get more success here than in the E-Chat forum.

Do you have a tablet? If so what role do you find it performs? What do you use it for? Has it affected your usage of laptops/other home PC's?

Swaying whether to get one, but not 100% sure on what i'd really use it for.

I feel an iPad plays the same role as an iPhone. You can't really do much on it except casual browsing and playing games/apps. I still primarily use a laptop but the iPad is handy for portable use.

In summary, buy an iPhone and keep your laptop.

This may get more success here than in the E-Chat forum.

Do you have a tablet? If so what role do you find it performs? What do you use it for? Has it affected your usage of laptops/other home PC's?

Swaying whether to get one, but not 100% sure on what i'd really use it for.

I use mine for when im travelling,laptop gets left in the house nowadays

does anyone know if it is possible for a fish to drown?

or is it only some types of fish that drown?

or is it that it is impossible for any type of fish to drown?

They can drown. All of them.

See that Easyjet advert on this site with the blond bird riding a bike? Has anyone else strained their eyes at the screen a wee bit to try and see up her skirt?

No...? Just me then...?

It would appear that it was just me.

p.s. you can't see anything anyway, don't waste your time.

I'm tracking a delivery online and it says courier received. Does that mean the person expecting the parcel has received it or the postie has received? If it's the former, I can safely say I haven't received it (or a card for that matter)

I'm tracking a delivery online and it says courier received. Does that mean the person expecting the parcel has received it or the postie has received? If it's the former, I can safely say I haven't received it (or a card for that matter)

Well unless you are also a courier and happen to be delivering your own parcel surely it's latter.

Well unless you are also a courier and happen to be delivering your own parcel surely it's latter.

It said out for delivery at half 4 am though?

Now it's updated to say not delivered - third attempt :(!

Edited by JogaBonito

I temporarily quit drinking a couple of weeks ago with the intent of going another two or so. The whole idea of this was just to give my liver a wee detox after a while. I wouldn't class myself as a 'heavy' drinker although I'll be over the recommended weekly intake, maybe having 2-3 pints with mates in the pub a couple of times a week (well, one of them being the odd Saturday away day with night out) with a regular dram or neat vodka most evenings as a bit of a nightcap. Basically, rarely pissed, just consistent.

Anyway, the question: does there get to a point where 'quitting' just becomes a waste of time if you were just going to stay within this recommended daily allowance? So far this is teaching me that you can actually go out with friends and have soft drinks without getting a proper slagging but this with the odd pint thrown in as a treat is probably the best way to go rather than drinking for the sake of it just I'm in a pub environment whether it be work lunch, evening catch-up with mates or just a Sunday lunch.

Edited by Hedgecutter