Quick Question Thread

Does anyone know if the film Batman and Robin is actually meant to be a comedy, or is it just genuinely that bad?

I'm watching it now and it's so bad it's actually brilliant, Mr Freeze's "ice to meet you" type lines aren't even the worst thing about it. "Rubber lips are immune to your charms", Chris O'Donnell you absolute gimp. :lol:

Actually I remember watching it as a 7 year old and thinking it was pish, you know a Batman film has to be bad for a 7 year old not to like it.

Is getting the 135 train from Glasgow Central to Mounty Florida(getting there at 145) enough time to get in, buy a programme and that? First Scotland game so I really don't want to miss anything like the National Anthems.

Is getting the 135 train from Glasgow Central to Mounty Florida(getting there at 145) enough time to get in, buy a programme and that? First Scotland game so I really don't want to miss anything like the National Anthems.

yip but it will be heaving,so make sure you can get on it as theres usually a queueing system

I'll see your Lou Carpenter, Paul Robinson and Ian Beale and raise you Karl Kennedy.

I considered him, but Lou Carpenter won based the nickname "Jelly Belly" given to Harold Bishop (who in himself deserves a mention for his Jesus like resurrection).

Does anyone here know anything about braces?

Basically I had braces put in when I was 14 and taken out after I turned 16. Five years later and the front of my bottom teeth have went squint, and I'd be willing to bite the bullet and look like an overgrown man child for six months if it meant sorting it out. Only thing is the woman on the phone was an unhelpful cow who said she didn't know if a consulation and then putting braces back in would cost money or not.

Does anyone know if I'm likely to have to pay, considering this shouldn't have really happened anyway when I had braces for two years? I looked on the internet and it says it usually costs 2-4k for over 18's, but surely to god they won't make me pay that when I've already had them?

Cheers.

Just bought a second hand car, the brakes although are a bit softer than the previous car i'm used to and have to brake earlier than what i am usually used to. I was MOT'd last month and there was nothing on the advisory relating to the brakes.

Anyone know if its me just being over cautious or if its just a teething problem, there were four new tyres at the time of MOT that had to be balanced if that makes a difference.

Ta

Just bought a second hand car, the brakes although are a bit softer than the previous car i'm used to and have to brake earlier than what i am usually used to. I was MOT'd last month and there was nothing on the advisory relating to the brakes.

Anyone know if its me just being over cautious or if its just a teething problem, there were four new tyres at the time of MOT that had to be balanced if that makes a difference.

Ta

I am assuming it's a different make of car you are driving? unsure.gif . The brakes on my Dad's car differed greatly from the brakes on my last car (Hyundai as opposed to Mitsubushi)

PS, were you really just MOT'd tongue.gif

I am assuming it's a different make of car you are driving? unsure.gif . The brakes on my Dad's car differed greatly from the brakes on my last car (Hyundai as opposed to Mitsubushi)

PS, were you really just MOT'd tongue.gif

Yeah, its changed from a Nissan Micra (my girlfriends car honest) tongue.gif to a Renault. Megane.. but i drove my old man's Renault Scenic about a month ago and didn't find much of a difference.

I say just, i mean July ph34r.gif Although the guy couldn't have thrashed it since then... I hope.

Will Burton measure me for a suit?

Yeah you have to book in advance, they usually take 4-6 weeks from measure to delivery and it gets made in Romania.

Also the suit isn't from Burton its a concession, and you can also get measured in Debenhams for a Burtons suit and vice versa.

Edit- I'm assuming you mean a Made to Measure suit, for off the rack there will be a skinny jeaned teen ready to take your inseam and chest measurement every day.

Edited by Bobby Skidmarks

Yeah you have to book in advance, they usually take 4-6 weeks from measure to delivery and it gets made in Romania.

Also the suit isn't from Burton its a concession, and you can also get measured in Debenhams for a Burtons suit and vice versa.

Edit- I'm assuming you mean a Made to Measure suit, for off the rack there will be a skinny jeaned teen ready to take your inseam and chest measurement every day.

That really depends how much more a made-to-measure would skin me. I've never owned a "proper" suit before and I'm tempted to go the whole hog, as long as it's not completely extortionate.

That really depends how much more a made-to-measure would skin me. I've never owned a "proper" suit before and I'm tempted to go the whole hog, as long as it's not completely extortionate.

I used to work for the company years ago and it does depend on the material you choose(i.e pure wool/washing machine proof), but you can get a good quality single breast two/three button for around 200 sheets. 250 if you include a second pair of trousers which i do recommend as it'll make the suit last another 5 years.

If you're a student you'll get another ten percent off.

I used to work for the company years ago and it does depend on the material you choose(i.e pure wool/washing machine proof), but you can get a good quality single breast two/three button for around 200 sheets. 250 if you include a second pair of trousers which i do recommend as it'll make the suit last another 5 years.

If you're a student you'll get another ten percent off.

That's great, thanks.

Random problem here, I've had a small power steering leak on my motor that has taken some time to fix, it's now all sorted and no more leakage but there is a large patch on my paved driveway where the fluid was leaking onto overnight.

I've tried scrubbing it with TFR and detergent with hot water but it isn't for coming off, anybody know of anything that will remove this patch?

Go to Slaters for all suit related queries. They will tailor it for you for free if need be. I got a suit and trousers for under £200 and it was a tailored suit. Perfect.

Go to Slaters for all suit related queries. They will tailor it for you for free if need be. I got a suit and trousers for under £200 and it was a tailored suit. Perfect.

I will second that, got my last suit at Slaters for £250 and they were really helpfull.