Quick Question Thread

That's the reason I've always been led to believe. Besides, fractions are for old people, decimals are where it's at. 8)

Fractions are traditional and simple, decimals are new, more complicated in betting terms, and there's no tradition in it. You'll never hear a bookie at the races shouting '2.1 the favourite!'. It will always be in the traditional fractional value, which is best, I say. 8)

Watching the woman on Scottish news, who lost all her family in the arson attack in Helensburgh. A few times the police have mentioned her husbands " business dealings" Does anyone know what he was involved in as they haven't mentioned it.

What would other PnBer's interpretation of a fully furnished flat be? I've just moved in to one today and expected curtains, duvet etc, microwave, kettle, toaster etc. That's how all my other flats have been and any friends of mine, but this place has 2 beds, 2 sofas, table, chairs, coffee table and a chest of drawers.

To me this is part furnished, no? The bird is going off her nut about having no curtains as well.

Another query is regarding the cleanliness. Is it unreasonable that I should expect the place to have been properly cleaned? I don't see why I should have to clean up someone else's mess.

What would other PnBer's interpretation of a fully furnished flat be? I've just moved in to one today and expected curtains, duvet etc, microwave, kettle, toaster etc. That's how all my other flats have been and any friends of mine, but this place has 2 beds, 2 sofas, table, chairs, coffee table and a chest of drawers.

To me this is part furnished, no? The bird is going off her nut about having no curtains as well.

Another query is regarding the cleanliness. Is it unreasonable that I should expect the place to have been properly cleaned? I don't see why I should have to clean up someone else's mess.

I wouldn't expect a duvet to be provided. I've been in furnished flats that have supplied them, but I'd never use one the landlord supplied because you don't know who's been there before. I would expect there to be curtains though. You must have viewed the place before you moved in though. Did you not notice any curtains there then? If there was and there's not now, I'd definitely complain because I imagine anyone signing a lease on a flat expects it to be in the condition they viewed it in when they moved in. Kettle and toaster I'd probably use my own anyway, but I'd only expect a microwave if I'd seen that there was one at the viewing.

As for cleaning, I'd have to clean it when I moved in anyway, regardless of whether it had been cleaned before I got there and I would guess a lot of people would be of the same opinion, again because you don't know who's been there doing what before you get there.

Was a whale provided :unsure: