Quick Question Thread

It wasn't pish filled water. Thankfully, I had flushed and washed my hands before my hands decided they couldn't deal with holding three things at once and something had to give. I immediately dried all the excess water off with a towel and have left it lying on dry surface for just now. I will see if there is rice or silica gel in the house tomorrow. Cheers gents. And if all else fails, I'll microwave it. Would I need to cover it with cling film though?

Edited by Turbo_dee

Thankfully it wasn't pish filled water. Thankfully, I had flushed and washed my hands before my hands decided they couldn't deal with holding three things at once and something had to give. I immediately dried all the excess water off with a towel and have left it lying on dry surface for just now. I will see if there is rice or silica gel in the house tomorrow. Cheers gents. And if all else fails, I'll microwave it. Would I need to cover it with cling film though?

Probably best, otherwise it will lose all it's flavour.

Surely if you need the water to get out the ipod then freezing it wouldn't work as the water would be unable to leave the ipod?

It becomes solid and falls out the bottom, where the plug is connected.

3dit: you have to shake it obviously.

Edited by McKee

It becomes solid and falls out the bottom, where the plug is connected.

3dit: you have to shake it obviously.

Ah right.

Turbo, don't microwave it! The microwave will explode with the metal in the ipod.

I'd stick in rice, check it, freeze it, check it and then radiator it and check it.(just in order of ease)

Ah right.

Turbo, don't microwave it! The microwave will explode with the metal in the ipod.

I'd stick in rice, check it, freeze it, check it and then radiator it and check it.(just in order of ease)

Freezing doesn't work. My mate used to work in the Apple store in Glasgow. Apparently the microwave is the best idea, but not for three minutes, a single minute will do.

Does anyone know if Zolpidem (might be known as Ativan) is available without prescription in the UK? If not can anyone recommend an OTC sleep aid that actually works?

Zolpidem is prescription only as far as I'm aware.

If the usual over-the-counter sleeping tablets aren't working then Tramadol, Co-codamol (30/500) or red wine are the boys you need.

Food hygiene wise, should pork be treated more like chicken or beef (ie. Is it essential that it is cooked thoroughly to avoid the risk of poisoning or is slightly on the rare side OK to eat)?

Pork and lamb can be served a bit pink. Just make sure its heated throughout.

Zolpidem is prescription only as far as I'm aware.

If the usual over-the-counter sleeping tablets aren't working then Tramadol, Co-codamol (30/500) or red wine are the boys you need.

Cheers man. It's not a big deal, it was just that I couldn't be arsed with the expense and hassle of going to the docs just to get a prescrip when my mum is coming to visit next week and could have potentially brought some.

OTC sleeping tablets have never worked for me to be honest. Same with a lot of medication actually, I've always had to take quite a lot more than the recommended dosage.

Edited by Prospekt

Food hygiene wise, should pork be treated more like chicken or beef (ie. Is it essential that it is cooked thoroughly to avoid the risk of poisoning or is slightly on the rare side OK to eat)?

Beef (at least steak) doesn't have to be cooked that thoroughly (cheap crap like mince is obviously a different story), pork and chicken always have to be cooked through.

You can still cook pork through and not leave it dry and tough though.

Edited by vikingTON

Thanks for your help, McKee. Would it be a good idea to just submerge the iPod in orange juice before I freeze it? Might as well make an ice lolly out of it.

No, that wouldn't help at all. The juice would end up melting, getting you into even more water damage trouble. You'd need to end up putting it in the microeave for a good 4 to 5 minutes instead of just the 3!

No, that wouldn't help at all. The juice would end up melting, getting you into even more water damage trouble. You'd need to end up putting it in the microwave for a good 4 to 5 minutes instead of just the 3!

Brainiac thinks you're being a little cavalier here.

How long would it take to walk from the SECC to Harry Ramsdens on the South Side? Also, what's the quickest and simplest route?

I've got a good idea of the quickest way and a Google map, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone has a better route.

How long would it take to walk from the SECC to Harry Ramsdens on the South Side? Also, what's the quickest and simplest route?

I've got a good idea of the quickest way and a Google map, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone has a better route.

Cross the bridge that goes to the BBC offices or the squinty bridge, and walk along like you were going to the city centre until you get the The Quay.

10 minutes max.

Edited by Smurph