Quick Question Thread

A while back I gave one of my pals a loan of a fairly large amount of cash to help him out with a deposit on a flat. At the time I wasn't in any rush to get it back but I've a holiday coming up fairly soon and could do with some of it back. The thing is that my mates grandad passed away today and he's not taken it well at all. He was really close with his grandad. Would I be completely out of order asking for some of the money back at this time? I'm thinking I should probably just leave it for now. Thoughts?

Did the old boy have a telly or other eleectrical goods you could flog. Kill two birds with one stone. Offer to help clear his hoose for the pick of his stuff. You'll probably find loads of nude books as well......Everybody's happy.

Did the old boy have a telly or other eleectrical goods you could flog. Kill two birds with one stone. Offer to help clear his hoose for the pick of his stuff. You'll probably find loads of nude books as well......Everybody's happy.

Nude books? It's no the nineteen seventies.

Suppose it depends which council, but I got a cheque from Glasgow City Council within a week or so (circa 2009).

Thanks. They told me they do the paperwork on a Tuesday and it should go into your account by the next Friday.

I just dropped my Ipod in the toilet. It won't turn on any more, obviously. Has anybody had experience of water damage to ipods and would be willing to tell me what I should try to get it fixed? There is a lot of conflicting information on the internet, so I'm asking the good people of Pie and Bovril.

I just dropped my Ipod in the toilet. It won't turn on any more, obviously. Has anybody had experience of water damage to ipods and would be willing to tell me what I should try to get it fixed? There is a lot of conflicting information on the internet, so I'm asking the good people of Pie and Bovril.

My mate dropped his iPhone in the toilet. The sound stopped working for about a day but after that it started working again with no problems. I would give it a while to dry off before rushing into anything.

Stick it on the radiator for a short time(don't leave it overnight or it might f**k it up), it should dry out and work fine. Usually works for phones and stuff.

Unless it was piss-filled toilet water, no idea of the effects of pish on electronics.

I put mine in the washing machine. Left it for a few days thinking it was fucked - wouldn't turn on either - then I just charged it and it worked.

You need to get the water to change state and then get it out the ipod. So you could go with dave's idea and evaporate it out, or try solidify in the cold. My mate had the same problem and he solved it by stciking his out on a windowledge and leaving it overnight, but that was in the middle of winter, so who knows if it will get cold enough in summer. Your best bet is probably putting it in the freezer for a few hours.

You need to get the water to change state and then get it out the ipod. So you could go with dave's idea and evaporate it out, or try solidify in the cold. My mate had the same problem and he solved it by stciking his out on a windowledge and leaving it overnight, but that was in the middle of winter, so who knows if it will get cold enough in summer. Your best bet is probably putting it in the freezer for a few hours.

Surely if you need the water to get out the ipod then freezing it wouldn't work as the water would be unable to leave the ipod?