Quick Question Thread

When I go to New York, I'll still only be 20, but the drinking age is 21. Could I just convince them the date on my drivers license is in their format, ie MM-DD-YYYY, making me over 21?

Passport is the only form of id they accept in all the places ive been in new york

Guest The Phoenix

Excellent news chaps, thanks to all involved.

Right up ye Phoenix, ya negative c**t ;)

The pirates are breeding on this forum.

Without wishing to dampen your excitement, I didn't read "excellent news" into the other responses.

Looks like it. The 'congratulations ayr united' thread has been moved from the 1st division forum to the 2nd aswell by the look of things.

Probably because it isn't GTF day yet dry.gif

Edited to Add: Cowden transfer trauma is still in the 2nd division forum.Surely it should be put back up into the 1st division forum or alternatively deleted like the Ayr Utd one ?

Edited by ayrunitedfw

A couple of my Freeview channels weren't working, so I retuned my TV. I now have Challenge TV as channel 4, and Channel 4 as channel 800. Is it just me?

Not the exact same channels but a couple of channels are fecked up for me aswell. Stupid digital switchover dry.gif

RIght I'm looking for 2 more horror films to complete a quiz. It's a say what you see quiz so I will try and describe them:

1. A man dressed up as a large piece of corn. He's standing next to a group of kids that was 'the children of the corn'. No idea

what this one can be.

2. A man with a barbers razor in his hands with a dead looking body in his chair with hair lying on the ground. The body is hairless and lifeless

It had many many guesses at them and I've got all other 48, I just can't get these two. Cheers.

Did you get the answers for this yet?

I stumbled across this app when I was looking through the free stuff on iTunes, the man next to the children of the corn is holding a baby, suggesting it's a woman, namely "the Mummy".

And the other is "Shaun of the Dead".

Probably because it isn't GTF day yet dry.gif

Edited to Add: Cowden transfer trauma is still in the 2nd division forum.Surely it should be put back up into the 1st division forum or alternatively deleted like the Ayr Utd one ?

I'd imagine so. The thread about the Hamilton season tickets is still in the first division forum aswell.

GTF day is on Sunday apparently, http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/146332-pb-2011-gtf-day-sunday-may-29th-2011/page__pid__5230296#entry5230296

A couple of my Freeview channels weren't working, so I retuned my TV. I now have Challenge TV as channel 4, and Channel 4 as channel 800. Is it just me?

Not the exact same channels but a couple of channels are fecked up for me aswell. Stupid digital switchover dry.gif

If you used the 'auto tune', then retune again using 'first time installation/reset factory settings'. If there is no such option then retune with the aerial out to wipe it clean then retune again with the aerial back in.

If this doesn't work, you can try a manual retune. The channel numbers you need to enter can be found on www.digitaluk.co.uk by entering your postcode.

RIght I'm looking for 2 more horror films to complete a quiz. It's a say what you see quiz so I will try and describe them:

1. A man dressed up as a large piece of corn. He's standing next to a group of kids that was 'the children of the corn'. No idea what this one can be.

2. A man with a barbers razor in his hands with a dead looking body in his chair with hair lying on the ground. The body is hairless and lifeless.

It had many many guesses at them and I've got all other 48, I just can't get these two. Cheers.

1st one is Popcorn ;- its an old horror film

2nd one is hard without a pic

I've written thousands of cheques for my local football club. Just a quick one, when writing a cheque to withdraw cash do you simply put 'cash' on the top line and fill out the rest as usual.

Don't want to f**k it up ken.

Yes

My bank balance is minus £2.16. I don't get paid until next Wednesday. Will the bank charge me before I get paid or will they just leave it because it's a tiny amount? :unsure: It's Clydesdale bank if that makes a difference.

I went to a cash machine and was surprised to find £10 in my account after I had bought something online. I then spent £4.69 in a shop using my card. Then when I went to use the card again it got declined, I went to a cash line and I had -£2.16. It's not really my fault if my balance read £10 and it's a mistake made by the bank.

Have you spoken to the bank? What did they say?

My friend said that she got a letter through today saying she had taken out money she never had. She had £money in it at the start of the month, spend £less-than-£money, and the letter said she had -£2 odd in her account. She's with Clydesdale too, so there much be a problem.