Quick Question Thread

Going to be on my Jack Jones all day tomorrow in Cardiff from 8 until 4. Anyone got any suggestions for things to do. At the minute it looks like I'll do the museum and the bay area then probably just sit in a boozer thereafter. However, that sounds fairly boring so anything else that's suggested will be considered.

Guest The Phoenix

Not 100% sure,but I think it depends on how long before the best before date you froze it.

If in doubt eat it quickly

May I respectfully suggest cooking it first.

The pace of eating it is a matter of choice for the consumer and is unlikely to cause any lasting health issue aside from perhaps indigestion if eaten too quickly.

Do the Chinese refer to us as the far west??

Should what we see as the Middle East not be either the Far East or the West as far as the Americans are concerned?

I also like the American map of the world where they're in the middle - the split doesn't work and it looks ridiculous! Also noticed that the Falklands belong to Argentina on every Argentinian map which is even more hilarious.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Guest The Phoenix

I'm going to get laughed at for this but what the hell.

The DVD cases with the red spots on the side, what's the trick to opening them? I nearly broke the case. :ph34r:

Step One

The first step is the one that causes all the damage to the case. Use the screwdriver to bend the red clip up as far as it will go. Insert the screwdrver under one of the short ends and lever up. At the same time pull back the top of the case so that you can open the case. This step is relativly easy but you have to bend the case quite a bit.

You should now have the case open and, if it's a clear case, you should be able to see the rest of the clip. It is designed not only to stop you from opening the case but also from removing the DVD itself from the case. The clip runs under the tabs that hold the DVD in place and stop them from being pushed down to release the DVD.

Step Two

The next step is to snap off the end of the tab. This is easily done by carefully sliding the screwdriver down the long side of the tab. The end of the tab appears to snap off quite cleanly and pings off across the room. At this point I thought the clip would be easy to remove but that is not the case. I think the end of the tab is designed to snap off to make it harder to remove the tail end of it.

Step Three

The last step is to remove the tail of the tab - this is fiddly but fairly simple. A small metal tab is lightly sprung and designed to catch on the case as you try to remove it. It is designed such that if you slide a screwdriver in to push the metal tab down the rest of the tail end then catches on the opposite side of the case thus stopping removal. The tool to use is something like a 1mm feeler gauge. It is slim enough not to cause the bottom of the tail to catch on the case but also stiff enough to push down the metal clip.

Push the tail as far in as it will go and insert the feeler gauge through the hole that the clip obviously comes out of. Push down the metal clip with the feeler gague then push up on the tail from the back of the case. Carefully slide the tail out of the case. Your DVD is now free from it's anti-theft shackles.

I was going to put my cards on the table and tell a friend I fancy her like f**k, but I never get a good opportunity to spill the beans.

So, I was thinking about just giving her a fucking text, is that a bit of a gay thing to do?

I was going to put my cards on the table and tell a friend I fancy her like f**k, but I never get a good opportunity to spill the beans.

So, I was thinking about just giving her a fucking text, is that a bit of a gay thing to do?

Yes. Man up.

Wtf is a "fucking text" ?

Technology these days ;)

Fwiw, listen to me, the ginger love guru. Call her and tell her . I await yer update in the nsfw forum :P

Today I bought the following DVD's (£3 each)

The Deer Hunter

Dusk til Dawn 2

Aliens

The Good, the Bad andthe Ugly

Which should I watch tonight?

The deer hunter or the good bad and ffcsam.

Both brilliant :)

Yes. Man up.

You may have a point.

Wtf is a "fucking text" ?

Technology these days ;)

Fwiw, listen to me, the ginger love guru. Call her and tell her . I await yer update in the nsfw forum :P

Cheers but I'm not doing it over the phone. Face to face would be alright, but I'm terrible on the phone. I'll just have to wait till we're next on a night out or having a bevvy round one of our flats, tbh a text is a bit of a poofy approach.

Edit to add: Aye ta PB, got the message now.

Edited by Guest