Quick Question Thread

What a shit pokemon Farfetch'd was. Pigeot all the way.

In the TV series of Pokemon he was great. Used his leek as a sword and shouted 'Farfetch'd' an awful lot. In the game he was shit, did nothing other than look really cool.

In the TV series of Pokemon he was great. Used his leek as a sword and shouted 'Farfetch'd' an awful lot. In the game he was shit, did nothing other than look really cool.

:lol: I hated him in the game. He was one of these absurd guy's who would never evolve and learn really shit moves. all he could do was cut trees and fly. shitebag.

:lol: I hated him in the game. He was one of these absurd guy's who would never evolve and learn really shit moves. all he could do was cut trees and fly. shitebag.

He could use cut? I did not know this.

*Goes to find "Pokemon Blue"*

In hindsight, Cut (after Flash and Defog) truly was the most pointless hidden machine in the Pokemon games. Strength (also a Normal type attack) was so much more powerful small exceptions aside Cut is redundant from about 3rd badge onwards in virtually any game.

Edit: actually Whirlpool in Gen II was pretty horrendous too.

Edited by Ad Lib

In hindsight, Cut (after Flash and Defog) truly was the most pointless hidden machine in the Pokemon games. Strength (also a Normal type attack) was so much more powerful small exceptions aside Cut is redundant from about 3rd badge onwards in virtually any game.

I don't think I ever used Cut in battle. I only used it in the field for shortcuts and to find otherwise hidden items.

I quite fancy giving Pokemon Pearl another playthrough now :ph34r::lol:

Cut was a shit move, but out of all the HM's nothing was worse than Flash. A total waste of a move that was only used in like 2 caves in the game. But the worst move EVER was good old Splash :lol:

And then there was Metapod. Oh metapod....all you could do was harden! then when you ran out of moves "Metapod used Struggle" :lol: :lol:

Oh memories.....

Edited by jamamafegan4

Cut was a shit move, but out of all the HM's nothing was worse than Flash. A total waste of a move that was only used in like 2 caves in the game. But the worst move EVER was good old Splash :lol:

And then there was Metapod. Oh metapod....all you could do was harden! then when you ran out of moves "Metapod used Struggle" :lol: :lol:

Oh memories.....

In the Pokemon thread in the Gaming forum, I give an epic tale of how I managed to beat the Elite 4 and Rival by having to resort to Struggle as my team were woefully unbalanced.

In the Pokemon thread in the Gaming forum, I give an epic tale of how I managed to beat the Elite 4 and Rival by having to resort to Struggle as my team were woefully unbalanced.

We've all been there.

The perverse thing about the Pokemon games (if you ignore for a minute the "improved" Elite Four as the post Champion story nowadays) was that the more times you beat the Elite Four, the easier the challenge got.

:lol: I'll need to have a read of that. What a victory that would have been!

If I recall correctly, I had a Level 90-odd Venusaur that could wipe out most Pokemon with one hit, but had moves that had hardly any PP. The first time I tried it I got through to Rival's last Pokemon, and the second time I did exactly the same using slightly more healing items, and managed to do it!

The first time was incredibly tense!

I also accidentally traded away my EXP SHARE so my quest of completing my Pokedex failed as it became too frustrating.

I think I'm going to start Pearl again, this thread has put me in the mood 8)

Edited by Gaz