Quick Question Thread

If I remember correctly, we're at the same uni. There should be details on Blackboard about applying for your travel expenses and it'll tell you what you need to do. The main points are that you pay the first £5 a day yourself and it has to be by the cheapest route possible.

In other words, you're getting the bus.

Right I'm doing a discursive essay in English and I would like to do it about something I'm interested in and know a bit about, so football.

It has to be controversial and probably quite recent.

I've had a few ideas such as, video technology, players wages, and a few others, but what other ideas can the P&B masses come up with?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Really. I thought it didn't look like it had enough rows to be Hampden.

Was thinking it was more along the size of Stoke City, but they don't have any bit with an upper tier.

Right click on the image and click save background (that's for Chrome, dunno about others) not only is the filename Hampden.jpg, but you'll get a proper look at it. ;)

vT's basically covered it. The train is shite and expensive (and Dunfermline isn't on the main line, which would probably mean a long wait at Edinburgh more often than not), the X26/X27 bus gets you there eventually but if it's an every day commute it'd be a bit rubbish.

In regard to expenses, surely your uni has already given you information about that? I'm going on placement in January and everyone is given travel expenses unless you're less than five miles away. Maybe worth e-mailing them. As far as I'm aware it's done completely seperate from SAAS.

If I remember correctly, we're at the same uni. There should be details on Blackboard about applying for your travel expenses and it'll tell you what you need to do. The main points are that you pay the first £5 a day yourself and it has to be by the cheapest route possible.

Cheers guys.

I'll wait untill everything is official and then I'll try and sort out travel expenses.

Right, my cousin has a swimming competition tomorrow at Tollcross Sports Centre or Leisure Centre. How can I get there by bus from George Square?

Need to get there for before 11am.

If you get to Argyle street, you can catch the 61, 240, 255 or the 64. The first 3 of those will stop right outside the sports centre. The 64 goes along Braidfauld Street and turns onto Tollcross Road, so you'd have to go back on yourself for a whole 30 seconds.

If you get to Argyle street, you can catch the 61, 240, 255 or the 64. The first 3 of those will stop right outside the sports centre. The 64 goes along Braidfauld Street and turns onto Tollcross Road, so you'd have to go back on yourself for a whole 30 seconds.

Thanks very much.

Thanks very much.

No worries. Forgot to add, there should be a bus every 10 minutes or better from there too. They're fairly frequent even in off peak times and the journey should take between 20 minutes and half an hour, depending on the traffic.

Does anyone know the best way to make the journey from Glasgow to Dunfermline and back? At first glance it's saying the bus costs £13 one way and takes two and a half hours, got to be better options than that.

Also does anyone know if you can get travel expenses if you regularly make journey's for work placement for uni, say Glasgow to Dunfermline?

I got the Stagecoach from Buchanan St to Dunfermline the other weekend and it only cost me about £8 for the single - full adult fare too.

Other than the short detour into Cumbernauld, it was pretty direct and just over an hour altogether. Not sure where you're getting two and a half from?!

Edited by Hedgecutter

What's the limit for bringing cigarettes back from poland?

200 cigarettes according to this:

http://www.heathrow-...k/dutyfree.html

Edit - I rather liked this bit:

If you bring back large quantities of alcohol or tobacco, a Customs Officer is more likely to ask about the purposes for which you hold the goods. This will most likely be the case if you appear at the airport with more than:

• 3200 cigarettes
  • 400 cigarillos
  • 200 cigars
  • 3 kg of smoking tobacco
  • 110 litres of beer
  • 10 litres of spirits
  • 90 litres of wine
  • 20 litres of fortified wine e.g. port or sherry

Slightly suspicious!

Edited by Hedgecutter

If you bring back large quantities of alcohol or tobacco, a Customs Officer is more likely to ask about the purposes for which you hold the goods. This will most likely be the case if you appear at the airport with more than:

• 3200 cigarettes
  • 400 cigarillos
  • 200 cigars
  • 110 litres of beer
  • 10 litres of spirits
  • 90 litres of wine

Slightly suspicious!

I strongly suspect that if you turned up at an airport with 110 litres of beer you would have lost any economic advantage in baggage costs...

• 3200 cigarettes
  • 400 cigarillos
  • 200 cigars
  • 110 litres of beer
  • 10 litres of spirits
  • 90 litres of wine

Slightly suspicious!

Eh? Surely 3200 according to this.