Quick Question Thread

Bells. For some reason I can't get on the Citylink website, but do the buses run late from Glasgow down that way?

There's one that leaves Central at 22.30, change at Ayr and in Stranraer for 01.00. Why Stranraer if you don't mind me asking?

Cant help you with buses mate but from what i can see the last train from Central to Stranraer is 22.30 with 1 change getting you in at 1am. That change is at Ayr with a short change over period. Overall cost is 31.60 from Waverley.

You would struggle to make that though. No chance.

If any Dynamo Kiev graffiti appears in Glasgow, I don't think they're going to have a hard time working out who it was :P

Anyway, cheers for your help last night folks. I've ended up rebooking the flight for two days earlier (the next available flight, lame). I'm convinced after I get somewhere to stay for a couple of nights and purchasing the train tickets it won't be s huge amount cheaper than flying with KLM or someone. Too late now though.

If any Dynamo Kiev graffiti appears in Glasgow, I don't think they're going to have a hard time working out who it was tongue.gif

Anyway, cheers for your help last night folks. I've ended up rebooking the flight for two days earlier (the next available flight, lame). I'm convinced after I get somewhere to stay for a couple of nights and purchasing the train tickets it won't be s huge amount cheaper than flying with KLM or someone. Too late now though.

I used to go all sort of mad routes to get cheap flights to get to Rangers European away games. Glasgow-London-Budapest-Bratislava, for example. By the time you book all the flights, factor in the food and drink you consume during the extended journey, add in the hassle. You're just aswell paying £200 for direct(ish) flights with KLM.

If anyone could answer this physics question for me I'd really appreaciate it. smile.gif

Doctors use radioactive technetium to investigate different parts of the human body. A solution of technetium is injected into the body and a gamma camera is used to detect radiation emmited.

The half-life of techneitum is 6 hours.

What is meant by the "term-half"? I know this answer, the half-life is the time taken for the activity of a source to fall by one half

The table below indicates the minimum activity of the technetium solutions which are used to investigate various parts of the body.

Parts of the body to be investigated Minimum activity of solution (MBq)

Brain 800

Lungs 80

Liver 200

Thyroid 40

A solution is made up with 800 MBq of technetium at 8am.

What is the latest possible time that the solution could be used for investigating a patient's liver?

Any help would be great. I feel like I'm nearly there but I just can't work it out. dry.gif

*My table hasn't really worked and I can't fix it but the numbers are the minimum activity of the solution.

Need help on another question using the same information as above.

At 10pm, which part or parts of the body listed in the table could still be investigated using the solution? Explain your answer.

As you can see I suck ay Physics.laugh.gif However, I did today get full marks on my Credit History test. wink.gif

I used to go all sort of mad routes to get cheap flights to get to Rangers European away games. Glasgow-London-Budapest-Bratislava, for example. By the time you book all the flights, factor in the food and drink you consume during the extended journey, add in the hassle. You're just aswell paying £200 for direct(ish) flights with KLM.

The cheapest direct/near direct flight I could find around the dates I'm looking to travel was just under £400, with KLM. All this because Ryanair are too cheap to pay for airbridges at Prague Airport :angry:

Need help on another question using the same information as above.

At 10pm, which part or parts of the body listed in the table could still be investigated using the solution? Explain your answer.

As you can see I suck ay Physics.laugh.gif However, I did today get full marks on my Credit History test. wink.gif

I think it's only the lungs and the thyroid at 10pm.

If the process starts at 800MBq at 0800 then

At 14.00 the activity will be 400MBq.

At 20.00 the activity will be 200MBq.

You only have two hours left until ten pm (22.00). 2/6 x 200= 66.6666.... so you take that away from 200 and you'll have an activity of 133.33334 at 10pm

I think that's how you do it. Been a few years since I was doing this stuff in Physics.

Edited by forehead7

I think it's only the lungs and the thyroid at 10pm.

If the process starts at 800MBq at 0800 then

At 14.00 the activity will be 400MBq.

At 20.00 the activity will be 200MBq.

You only have two hours left until ten pm (22.00). 2/6 x 200= 66.6666.... so you take that away from 200 and you'll have an activity of 133.33334 at 10pm

I think that's how you do it. Been a few years since I was doing this stuff in Physics.

Thanks. biggrin.gif

We were talking about grammar and spelling at work today and it reminded me off a spelling challenge I had when I was at primary school. I was given sentences and had to give the correct spelling of sow/sew.

First one....The farmer SOWS his seeds

Second one....The farmer's wife SEWS the hem

Last one....The farmer and his wife both SOW or SEW?

Well whatever my answer was (can't remember it's been so long) I got it wrong and missed out on a fiver!

So my question is......is the sentence even possible? and if yes which is the correct spelling? Or was i bumped out of a fiver?

We were talking about grammar and spelling at work today and it reminded me off a spelling challenge I had when I was at primary school. I was given sentences and had to give the correct spelling of sow/sew.

First one....The farmer SOWS his seeds

Second one....The farmer's wife SEWS the hem

Last one....The farmer and his wife both SOW or SEW?

Well whatever my answer was (can't remember it's been so long) I got it wrong and missed out on a fiver!

So my question is......is the sentence even possible? and if yes which is the correct spelling? Or was i bumped out of a fiver?

Oh dear.