Quick Question Thread

We were asked this question in Comms yesterday and I wanted to get an idea of what others thought of it.

Your boss comes to you and asks you to go out and buy some widgets (doesn't really matter what they are really). He wants them cheapish and quite soon. He hasn't told you how many are needed. You contact three suppliers who give you quotes.

Supplier A can sell you a widget for £35 but you need to place a minimum order of 1000. No delivery time is given.

Supplier B can sell you a widget for £25 and there is no minimum order. However, they are unable to deliver for at least 4 weeks.

Supplier C can sell you a widget for £32 and there is a minimum order of 100. Delivery time is between 2 to 4 days.

Which supplier do you choose and why?

I'm with Ad Lib on this one. It has to satisfy two criteria. B fails on one so is out. C beats A on all counts as A's delivery time could be bad. There's no doubt it's C.

I'm with Ad Lib on this one. It has to satisfy two criteria. B fails on one so is out. C beats A on all counts as A's delivery time could be bad. There's no doubt it's C.

Worth pointing out that Skyline Drifter's reply a bit further up makes a couple of presumptions in going "beyond" the basic answer I think the question is driving at, in that would appear he supposes the widget is a commodity consumed regularly in the course of business or doesn't have a shelf-life if it's for resale (e.g. that widgets are akin to boxes of batches of paper rather than platters of sandwiches).

Saint Mirren fans would probably prefer to see the derby restored without them dropping down, so that would entail us doing well for once. We, having witnessed the same bag of cats year in year out, are aware that only Saint Mirren going down will restore the derby this side of league reconstruction.

Plus we have the less successful team syndrome.

Saint Mirren fans would probably prefer to see the derby restored without them dropping down, so that would entail us doing well for once. We, having witnessed the same bag of cats year in year out, are aware that only Saint Mirren going down will restore the derby this side of league reconstruction.

Plus we have the less successful team syndrome.

I think for me anyway it's a bit different. I moved away from the area when I was two years old and only went back on the odd occasion for the football. Perhaps not experiencing a derby/banter with fans has lessened the 'dislike'.

Keithgy reduced mine for good behaviour a few weeks ago. There's also been a couple of times he's deleted out controversial/distasteful posts of mine without causing a fuss or warning me.

He's my hero

He gave me a warning for calling him a 'Falkirk b*****d'.

Pie and Bovril - where the truth gets you censured! :bairn