Quick Question Thread

To be fair if someone asks me what i think the score will be my response will be 'i dont care'. Im not going to take time to actually consider the result. For instance i dont even know where the game is taking place.

True, but tbf, I would geniunely struggle to find someone to match the hatred you hold for the OF. It's just the people that force it that annoy me.

Do non-Old Firm fans actually care about said match? I honestly couldnt get a f**k who wins and wont watch a single minute of the game or any highlights. I genuinely have no interest in this game at all. All it does is bring the idiots out in the boozer who will look to cause trouble.

Old Firm weekends top up my hate for the 2 of them.

I'm a Scottish football fan so I'm interested in the top game in Scottish football. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit into the FTOF agenda which a lot of people persue either genuinely or as some sort of annoyingly fake moral stance. I'll go one step further and admit that I don't 'hate them both equally' as most non OF fans say. I hate Celtic a lot more and I hope Rangers win the league.

I've lived in Glasgow for over 4 years and don't notice any difference in the city when then it's an OF weekend and apart from the normal football discussion I have with folk that alerts me to the fact there's an OF game this weekend. It's not hard to avoid if you don't care.

Edited by Fudge

I'm a Scottish football fan so I'm interested in the top game in Scottish football. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit into the FTOF agenda which a lot of people persue either genuinely or as some sort of annoyingly fake moral stance. I'll go one step further and admit that I don't 'hate them both equally' as most non OF fans say. I hate Celtic a lot more and I hope Rangers win the league.

I've lived in Glasgow for over 4 years and don't notice any difference in the city when then it's an OF weekend and apart from the normal football discussion I have with folk that alerts me to the fact there's an OF game this weekend. It's not hard to avoid if you don't care.

I agree with most of this. I like Scottish football, and I look forward to the OF game! I generally back whoever is playing the OF in normal SPL games (although never St. Mirren), I back the OF in Europe, and this is the top two Scottish teams playing each other. I'm not going to do the other FTOF thing of trying to talk the match down, the OF game is massive, even in World Terms, and I look forward to watching it. I agree that its not hard to avoid either.

The only difference I have with Fudge is that I genuinely don't have any preference either way. I actually just back whoever I'm watching the game with. I'll probably be watching it with my Rangers supporting mate, so I imagine I'll back Rangers this time. I really don't buy that FTOF pish, I've long since grown up.

I agree with most of this. I like Scottish football, and I look forward to the OF game! I generally back whoever is playing the OF in normal SPL games (although never St. Mirren), I back the OF in Europe, and this is the top two Scottish teams playing each other. I'm not going to do the other FTOF thing of trying to talk the match down, the OF game is massive, even in World Terms, and I look forward to watching it. I agree that its not hard to avoid either.

The only difference I have with Fudge is that I genuinely don't have any preference either way. I actually just back whoever I'm watching the game with. I'll probably be watching it with my Rangers supporting mate, so I imagine I'll back Rangers this time. I really don't buy that FTOF pish, I've long since grown up.

I agree with this (except the never St. Mirren thing <_<). I'll probably go to the pub on Sunday to watch it as it's one of the few Scottish ties that they'll broadcast on TV here (without going to an English/Irish pub), although I'll be the opposite in ending up with a couple of Celtic fans.

Why do you dislike St. Mirren so much xbl?

Im a bigger fan of Scottish football than most but id rather be watching my local junior team than this abortion of a game. I just cant understand what people find interesting about it?

Its not hard to avoid? Nonsense. The amount of people ive already heard are going to get smashed on Sunday and how amazing a day its going to be and there is always some sort of trouble in my town when this game is on.

I go out every Sunday and this Sunday is going to be torture as the pubs will be filled with morons who know nothing about football yet shout and scream at the tv, much like Scotland games.

I cant stand seeing people go absolutely mental and acting like they are die hard fans and how they have always followed their team while wearing their tops in the pub. They somehow seem to think they are better fans than you because they shout loud, wear their strip and 'support' a winning team. Its the 'who were Cowdenbeath playing in Europe brigade'.

Id rather watch a St Mirren v Hamilton game every day of the week.

I couldn't really care about the game myself. I'll probably be watching the Stoke V Man Utd game instead. I'm more annoyed that it is being played right on my doorstep this weekend, can't stand it when Celtic play at home, always backs up the traffic on London Road. <_<

Why do you dislike St. Mirren so much xbl?

I dunno. Seriously, there isn't legitimate reason for it! I think that when I was a wee kid, I just hated the sound of the name, "St. Mirren" sounded all horrible and guttural, as did "Paisley". So from childhood, I disliked them. Then I got a bit older and happened to visit Paisley, and it really was that horrible. To reinforce that, when I first started posting online, there was a strong Falkirk - St. Mirren rivalry, and the Falkirk fans as a group just came across as better! Same for the club, they always seem to me to be a horrible wee club with horrible wee fans and delusions of grandeur! Remember the Spartans(?) game a few years back when your chairman broke into the ground? Oh, and my stepdad hates St. Mirren as well (not sure why, but he's a Celtic fan so there is probably some reason).

Now I know that St. Mirren and their fans are no worse than any other club, in fact, they have many great posters on here, but after all these years I just really, really fucking hate them now! I even listen out for their result every week and hope they lose. :ph34r:

I dunno. Seriously, there isn't legitimate reason for it! I think that when I was a wee kid, I just hated the sound of the name, "St. Mirren" sounded all horrible and guttural, as did "Paisley". So from childhood, I disliked them. Then I got a bit older and happened to visit Paisley, and it really was that horrible. To reinforce that, when I first started posting online, there was a strong Falkirk - St. Mirren rivalry, and the Falkirk fans as a group just came across as better! Same for the club, they always seem to me to be a horrible wee club with horrible wee fans and delusions of grandeur! Remember the Spartans(?) game a few years back when your chairman broke into the ground? Oh, and my stepdad hates St. Mirren as well (not sure why, but he's a Celtic fan so there is probably some reason).

Now I know that St. Mirren and their fans are no worse than any other club, in fact, they have many great posters on here, but after all these years I just really, really fucking hate them now! I even listen out for their result every week and hope they lose. :ph34r:

And here's me having a soft spot for Arbroath :angry:.

The only teams I can say I have a strong dislike for are Celtic and Dundee.

Can anyone good at Maths answer me this:

Why is 0! equal to one. Or 0 factorial(think that's what it's called).

1!=1x1=1

2!=1x2=2

3!=1x2x3=6

4!=1x2x3x4=24

And so on but the Stat's lecturer told us that 0! was 1 but he didn't know why so I pose the question to you, P&B universe.

We were asked this question in Comms yesterday and I wanted to get an idea of what others thought of it.

Your boss comes to you and asks you to go out and buy some widgets (doesn't really matter what they are really). He wants them cheapish and quite soon. He hasn't told you how many are needed. You contact three suppliers who give you quotes.

Supplier A can sell you a widget for £35 but you need to place a minimum order of 1000. No delivery time is given.

Supplier B can sell you a widget for £25 and there is no minimum order. However, they are unable to deliver for at least 4 weeks.

Supplier C can sell you a widget for £32 and there is a minimum order of 100. Delivery time is between 2 to 4 days.

Which supplier do you choose and why?

We were asked this question in Comms yesterday and I wanted to get an idea of what others thought of it.

Your boss comes to you and asks you to go out and buy some widgets (doesn't really matter what they are really). He wants them cheapish and quite soon. He hasn't told you how many are needed. You contact three suppliers who give you quotes.

Supplier A can sell you a widget for £35 but you need to place a minimum order of 1000. No delivery time is given.

Supplier B can sell you a widget for £25 and there is no minimum order. However, they are unable to deliver for at least 4 weeks.

Supplier C can sell you a widget for £32 and there is a minimum order of 100. Delivery time is between 2 to 4 days.

I'd go buy a crate of John Smith's, drink them and give him the widgets out of my empties.

I'd choose the company that did my college work for me. <_<

I'd choose the company that did my college work for me. <_<

:lol: There is no wrong answer, I just wondered what other people thought of the question. FWIW, I went with supplier C. If 100 widgets is too much, sell them at cost price to supplier A.