Quick Question Thread

It's much more mundane than you'd think. Whenever my 'friend' comes up from London we normally just go round to hers for some peace and quiet. The other day when I had another ladyfriend round he had no idea about it until he saw me walking back to my room with 2 cups of tea.

I'm dead considerate 8)

The flat's got quite good sound insulation too, mind. You wouldn't hear a nuclear holocaust from one of the bedrooms if you were sitting in the front room.

Guest The Phoenix

The flat's got quite good sound insulation too, mind. You wouldn't hear a nuclear holocaust from one of the bedrooms if you were sitting in the front room.

If there was a nuclear holocaust in one of the bedrooms, I suspect you wouldn't still be in the front room.

I've been myself asking a lot of questions today. Here's the ones I don't know the answer to:

Why are Northern Irish girls always good looking? Seriously there's so many of them in Glasgow and they're always very attractive. Surely most of their families would've been Scottish back in the day anyway, so how come they're better? Maybe all the ugly ones are back home.

Why is it that any walk in Glasgow will involve seeing strange looking people arguing in the street?

Why is it females can be very interesting people on their own, but throw them together in a group and 9 times out of 10 they'll be boring as f**k?

In what way was the British empire any different to what Hitler tried to do?

When girls say they prefer "bad boys", does this actually mean anything other than they prefer utter bellends?

Why have all ethnic groups that aren't white adopt black culture as their own?

If anyone has these answers let me know. Women you may be the most useful as there's a few questions about the more confusing sex in there.

Why are Northern Irish girls always good looking? Seriously there's so many of them in Glasgow and they're always very attractive. Surely most of their families would've been Scottish back in the day anyway, so how come they're better? Maybe all the ugly ones are back home.

There are three Northern Irish girls in one of my classes and they are mongrels.

In what way was the British empire any different to what Hitler tried to do?

This could go on all day, but the main points to highlight are the lack of a coherent racial superiority ideology that motivated both the creation and instruments of empire. Then leading on from that you have the industrialised genocide on racial ideological grounds.

When girls say they prefer "bad boys", does this actually mean anything other than they prefer utter bellends?

Neil Strauss makes the case that the fundamental difference is between 'strong' and 'weak' men, in terms of confidence, personality and emotional intelligence.

Why is it females can be very interesting people on their own, but throw them together in a group and 9 times out of 10 they'll be boring as f**k?

Probably due to the fact that they are shy, and don't wish to be the centre of attention in a group, whereas the ones being the loudest and 'funniest' are usually the worst ones in the group. The quietest girls in a group are usually the most fun, imo.

VikingTON has it pretty much spot on - from my experience girls always prefer confident and out-going guys, and will stay away from quieter boys. I remember when I was younger I never spoke to girls much and as a result never had many girlfriends in my early teens, but over the past two years (probably when I started fifth year, tbh) I became a lot more confident in myself - looks, intelligence etc. - and since then I've never had a problem talking to girls and having girlfriends.

But then again, one of my ex-girlfriends is seeing a boy that's so quiet that he won't even come up to introduce himself to me and my group of my pals (complete oppositve as to what I'm like). Girls confuse the life out of me, but 'bad boys' are usually boys that have a bit of confidence.

My question: is it bad that I really like Tinie Tempah's album?

Edited by GypsyTillIDie

Girls don't like bad boys. They like nice guys who treat them well. The 'bad boys' myth is mainly used by shy people as an excuse as to why they don't/haven't had a girlfriend. If you don't let them know you like them, they'll probably never ask you out, even though they like you.

Girls don't like bad boys. They like nice guys who treat them well. The 'bad boys' myth is mainly used by shy people as an excuse as to why they don't/haven't had a girlfriend. If you don't let them know you like them, they'll probably never ask you out, even though they like you.

I disagree to an extent. There are girls who like to be treated well ect but in this two bit town i live in the amount of deadbeats you see knocking about with some of the better looking girls is unreal. Im talking people in their late 20s so its not daft wee lassies. I was snaking a bird and instead of dates or anything she wanted to go to the pub... Was ideal. It was a much better use of money than going to the cinema or out for meals. I like the pub.

Nope.

OK,here's a clue!

This is the NSFW (Not Safe For Work) section of the forum.

If you enter this part of the forum you need to acknowledge that you accept there will be content in here which may be offensive and may involve nudity. You also acknowledge that you are over 18.

NOTE; When you access this section of the forum you will be asked for a password. This is to acknowledge that you have read and understood the above warning. The password is "IMAT'ARD"