Quick Question Thread

I was in a similar situation last year with a Nokia I had upgraded to. Despite the phone developing several faults, Orange were un-willing to provide a different handset.

I eventually, after about 15 phone calls a week (for a fortnight) and several e-mails, managed to get them to back down and I got a Sony Ericsson handset that I had chosed as my desired replacement.

I'd reckon they will try as hard as they can to avoid providing a different handset, but if you ask for their complaints department, advise in shop that their service is shoddy (so prospective customers can hear etc), and advise that you won't hesitate in contacting someone higher to complain about their service, they may agree (albeit reluctantly) to provide a different handset, although I wouldn'd expect much lee-way with regards to being able to cancel your contract.

Good Luck!

Thanks mate.

Well I went to get my phone sorted again, however my warranty has only just ran out last week. However, the person good as he was, did take it in to try and get it sorted, seeing as they had failed to do it properly last week. He said that if it continues to happen it wont be phone, and would possibly be something to do with my sim card? :huh: I proceeded to delete my sim card numbers anyway just to avoid taking chances, take note of them for backup, and have the originals remain on my handset. Low and behold it still freezes and occasionally resets itself.

My problem now is getting this done without the help of any warranty, leaving me royally fucked as I still have the contract until march. The only option I can think of now is biting the bullet and sending it away to get repaired paying over-the-odds(it is only an LG cookie), or having an 'accident', meaning lose the phone or break it, so that the insurance would cover for another replacement.

Is there an easier way of getting this sorted?

Cans someone give me a definition for direct effect please? The wikipedia one is rubbish.

In terms of EU law?

Where rights conferred on individuals/groups of individuals or obligations conferred on states by regulations or directives can be enforced through domestic courts, on the proviso that such right/obligation is unconditional, sufficiently clear, precise and conferred on a specific class of persons. It can be relied upon against manifestations of the state for regulations, directives and treaty obligations (vertical direct effect) but not against non-state bodies (horizontal direct effect) for directives because they are addressed to a member state.

Edited by Ad Lib

How come if you drink for a long period of time (say over 12 hours), by drinking less frequently you sober up a bit? Surely if even you're slowing down a bit, continuing to drink should make you more and more pished?

How come if you drink for a long period of time (say over 12 hours), by drinking less frequently you sober up a bit? Surely if even you're slowing down a bit, continuing to drink should make you more and more pished?

It depends on how less frequently you actually mean. You will always sober up more quickly by stopping drinking, but if you are consuming the alcohol more slowly than your body is processing it, you will sober up gradually. Assuming you carry on drinking at a constant rate, you will eventually level-off.

In terms of EU law?

Where rights conferred on individuals/groups of individuals or obligations conferred on states by regulations or directives can be enforced through domestic courts, on the proviso that such right/obligation is unconditional, sufficiently clear, precise and conferred on a specific class of persons. It can be relied upon against manifestations of the state for regulations, directives and treaty obligations (vertical direct effect) but not against non-state bodies (horizontal direct effect) for directives because they are addressed to a member state.

Cheers. It's basically what I have, but a lot more spaced out.

I've got tickets for the Manchester City - Arsenal game on Sunday the 24th. I've just had a look about at hotels in Manchester to stay from the 23rd to 25th but most either seem well out of the way or absolutely extortionate. Can anyone reccomend me any hotels within 2 miles of the stadium which would be reasonably priced?

Cheers.

What's with this "I like it on..." pish on Facebook? I have friend who like it on desks, floors, other convenient surfaces. I think it's where they put their purses/hangbags etc... but why?

If me and someone else signed into the same MSN account at the same time would this work?

Nope. Whoever signed in first would get booted out and it would tell them that they'd been logged out as they'd just signed in from another location.

What's with this "I like it on..." pish on Facebook? I have friend who like it on desks, floors, other convenient surfaces. I think it's where they put their purses/hangbags etc... but why?

It's women that have it and it's meant to get men to ask "why are women telling everyone where they like it on facebook?".

Nope. Whoever signed in first would get booted out and it would tell them that they'd been logged out as they'd just signed in from another location.

Thanks. Would it tell the person that signed in second that someone else was was just booted?

BTW, I'm not planning to hack or anything. I just think about a lot of random stuff when I'm lying in bed at nights. :P

Thanks. Would it tell the person that signed in second that someone else was was just booted?

BTW, I'm not planning to hack or anything. I just think about a lot of random stuff when I'm lying in bed at nights. :P

No, it doesn't. I know this because I wondered the same thing myself and tried it!

I see. It's definitely working.

It's a lot of crap. I don't much get the point in it myself.

Edited by Miss D

It's a lot of crap. I don't much get the point in it myself.

I said "I like it on my penis" to see what reaction I would get.

Two likes and someone going mental messaging me "losing all respect" because it's do with raising awareness of breast cancer. "it brings everyone together , were all keeping it secret from boys and sending pms to everyone , to raise awareness"

It's deleted now... but I still don't get it at all.

Edit- The font changed.

Edited by Smurph

I said "I like it on my penis" to see what reaction I would get.

Two likes and someone going mental messaging me "losing all respect" because it's do with raising awareness of breast cancer. "it brings everyone together , were all keeping it secret from boys and sending pms to everyone , to raise awareness"

It's deleted now... but I still don't get it at all.

Edit- The font changed.

Raising awareness by keeping a secret? Aye, smart that. :blink: It's also bugger all to do with breast cancer. Here is the PM I got:

"Ok ladies here's another game, like the bra color game which was a total success and we had men wondering for days what was with the colors and it made it to the News. Well this game has to do with your handbag, where we put our handbag the moment we get home for example "I like it on the couch", "I like it on the kitchen counter", "I like it on the dresser" well u get the idea. Just put your answer as your Status with nothing more than that and cut n paste this message and forward to all your FB female friends to their inbox. The bra game made it to the news. Let's see how powerful we women really are!!! REMEMBER - DO NOT PUT YOUR ANSWER AS A REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE, SIMPLY PUT YOUR ANSWER AS YOUR STATUS, THEN FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR FRIENDS ."

I'm probably not really doing my bit for female solidarity here, but f**k it. The game's stupid. Tell your pal to give herself a shake.