Quick Question Thread

I got measured today because I was out buying a few 'proper' shirts and it had been a shile since I'd bought that style so couldn't remember my size. My collar is 16 but I take a 14.5 shirt. Madness.

Edited by Fudge

I got measured today because I was out buying a few 'proper' shirts and it had been a shile since I'd bought that style so couldn't remember my size. My collar is 16 but I take a 14.5 shirt. Madness.

Do you look like a cluedo character if you button the shirt all the way up?

How long does jelly take to set? :unsure:

It depends on the jelly. Some will set almost instantly (like the ones in those packet-mix trifle boxes you can get) others take hours, some overnight. I use sugar free jelly if I ever have it, and that normally needs to be in the fridge from morning til evening.

It depends on the jelly. Some will set almost instantly (like the ones in those packet-mix trifle boxes you can get) others take hours, some overnight. I use sugar free jelly if I ever have it, and that normally needs to be in the fridge from morning til evening.

I've stuck some jelly in a glass along with some strawberries and put it in the fridge at 6pm or so. It is starting to set but I was just wondering if I was going to get my dessert tonight. :lol:

Doesn't say on the packet either it just says leave it to set.

Edited by Middleton Mouse

I've stuck some jelly in a glass along with some strawberries and put it in the fridge at 6pm or so. It is starting to set but I was just wondering if I was going to get my dessert tonight. :lol:

Doesn't say on the packet wither it just says leave it to set.

Turn the fridge up (or is it down? :unsure: ) a bit. The colder it is, the quicker it should set. Next time you make it, mix it up with half boiling water to dissolve it and then top up the rest of the mixture with cold. It'll set quicker and not warm your fridge up.

Turn the fridge up (or is it down? :unsure: ) a bit. The colder it is, the quicker it should set. Next time you make it, mix it up with half boiling water to dissolve it and then top up the rest of the mixture with cold. It'll set quicker and not warm your fridge up.

Aye it was luke warm when I put it in the fridge as I dropped a few ice cubes in after it had dissolved.

I really want my fruity jellies though. :(

Aye it was luke warm when I put it in the fridge as I dropped a few ice cubes in after it had dissolved.

I really want my fruity jellies though. :(

Jelly is a bit of a pain in the arse dessert. If I want a pudding, I want it NOW, not tomorrow morning!