Quick Question Thread

if you have to ask your mum,then you shouldnt really be going anywhere

riga is fine,but like anywhere else,act like an arsehole and you will be treated accordingly

It wasn't a case of asking my mum. I told her that we were thinking about Riga then my idiot brother started blethering about how it's perhaps a bit dangerous. My mum wasn't saying I couldn't go (if my mum told me where I couldn't go for my 21st I'd smack her in the chops), but she was just doing some over the top worrying.

I wouldn't recommend Prague anymore. Whilst it's still easy to find cheap beer etc. the bars themselves won't be the nicest of places. The local women, like described in Riga, have no interest in British men anymore for about the same reasons. The crime rate has also increased quite markedly in the last year or so. It's still a good place to party but Berlin is about 100x better in that department.

You also get a fairly shit deal on accommodation and most of the better places are booked solidly quite a way in advance.

OK Cheers for that. Berlin does sound the best place tbh but I assume it's also the most expensive.

Riga is pretty dangerous from what i've experienced. A mate of mine was in there watching the lap dancers and got marched to the cash machine to withdraw £70 to pay for a drink one of the girls said he'd offered them.

I've been to Krakow & Prague too.

Prague was decent but it was about 4 or 5 years ago that I went. Just stopped in a hostel (Hostel Elf, still got a shirt from there) which was about £8 a night. Beer was dirt cheap too. I remember getting the first round in and it cost just over £3 for 5 pints or something like that.

Krakow was a nice place but the booze was expensive. The slags you see walking round are first rate though. If you're taking a couple of wenches of your own i'd probably opt for Krakow, they'd enjoy it there more then Prague I think. Also take a visit to Roosters if you do go, its a chicken shop that you drink good booze in and get served by some of the finest women you'll ever see in their hot pants.

Cheers. I'm reading good things about Krakow, thought the bevvy was meant to be cheap though, shame. It's funny because after reading what a shithole Riga is and how unfriendly Latvians are I read that there are a few dodgy establishments in Krakow but they're usually ran by Latvians. Either there's a big anti-Latvian internet conspiracy or they are just a big bunch of c***s.

The guy that served me on Saturday said they've now got to go along with the "think 21" bullshit. I get ID'd pretty much every time I go into the bookies. Just like I get ID'd every time I go to a club. Or buy booze. And I look older than I actually am.

Life can't be any fun these days if you're under 18.

Question - I've got an interview at McDonalds next Monday (yeah yeah, I know, it's only part-time to get a bit of money). Anyway, they give you a thing called On-Job Evaluation.. what does that involve?

Last time I was in McDonalds, a young lad came in who I think was getting that On-Job Evaluation. Basically, they gave him a McDonald's polo-shirt like the rest of the staff wear, and then he went into the office with one of the managers. I think it must just be that they'll show you how to do stuff, and then run through it with you, and then ask you to do it on your own. I'd imagine as long as you don't put ice cream on a Big Mac or stick a McFlurry in the fryer, you'll be fine.

Is it McDonalds in Kirkcaldy or Stirling?

Prague was decent but it was about 4 or 5 years ago that I went. Just stopped in a hostel (Hostel Elf, still got a shirt from there) which was about £8 a night. Beer was dirt cheap too. I remember getting the first round in and it cost just over £3 for 5 pints or something like that.

Elf! I live about 10 minutes walk from there. That's the seedy ghetto part of the city, underage male prostitutes and gypsy methhead heaven. Cheap as anything round there though and that hostel's pretty popular. Just a shame it's in that area.

OK Cheers for that. Berlin does sound the best place tbh but I assume it's also the most expensive.

It's not that expensive at all. The accommodation is very very reasonably priced, cheaper than here infact. Also, the beers may be a tad more on average but you'll find that the nicer places there will be cheaper than their equivalents in Prague. Also, the people are friendly are won't try to rip you off or overcharge you.

Plus the women are fucking brilliant.

Elf! I live about 10 minutes walk from there. That's the seedy ghetto part of the city, underage male prostitutes and gypsy methhead heaven. Cheap as anything round there though and that hostel's pretty popular. Just a shame it's in that area.

Just like being back in Paisley eh! :D

Last time I was in McDonalds, a young lad came in who I think was getting that On-Job Evaluation. Basically, they gave him a McDonald's polo-shirt like the rest of the staff wear, and then he went into the office with one of the managers. I think it must just be that they'll show you how to do stuff, and then run through it with you, and then ask you to do it on your own. I'd imagine as long as you don't put ice cream on a Big Mac or stick a McFlurry in the fryer, you'll be fine.

Is it McDonalds in Kirkcaldy or Stirling?

Cool, cheers. I don't imagine it'll be too difficult like, just thought I'd ask, I hate being blindsided by things!

It's in Kirkcaldy, unfortunately. A couple of shifts in Stirling would be ideal for convenience as obviously I'll only be available at weekends in Kirkcaldy for long stretches, and getting the job means I'll have to come back every week. I need the money though and Stirling seems to have even less jobs floating around than here, so not got too much choice but to go for it.

It's not that expensive at all. The accommodation is very very reasonably priced, cheaper than here infact. Also, the beers may be a tad more on average but you'll find that the nicer places there will be cheaper than their equivalents in Prague. Also, the people are friendly are won't try to rip you off or overcharge you.

Plus the women are fucking brilliant.

Breaking Decency you well travelled mofo, this is all good stuff I'll definitely look into Berlin a bit more.

Cheers.

If you want some recommendations on good places to stay, just let me know smile.gif

Nice one, cheers. The flights are getting booked at the end of this month so if we end up with Berlin I'll send a p.m your way.

One of my mates status updates, wall post etc don't appear on my wall now for some reason. It dosent say he's blocked, anyone know what's up :unsure:

Edit: Im talking about Facebook :P

Hidden probably. Scroll to the bottom of your news feed and click on the 'Edit Options' link. Remove him from the right hand combobox.

Are there any places in Eastern Europe that are easy to get to that are dirt cheap and relatively unruined by stag do's?

Just curious cause I've been to a fair few cities over that way and the beer wasn;t much cheaper than Glasgow in any of them. I take it the days of 50p for decent local brew are well behind us?

I'm hearing more and more good things about Berlin, I think I'll maybe do 3 German cities in 10 days next summer.

Are there any places in Eastern Europe that are easy to get to that are dirt cheap and relatively unruined by stag do's?

Just curious cause I've been to a fair few cities over that way and the beer wasn;t much cheaper than Glasgow in any of them. I take it the days of 50p for decent local brew are well behind us?

I'm hearing more and more good things about Berlin, I think I'll maybe do 3 German cities in 10 days next summer.

lyviv in the ukraine,fly to southern poland and get the train or hire a taxi

in fact most of the ukraine

Staying in the art hole hostel in prague in a couple of weeks, how is it and is it in a good part of town?

That's a good part man. Border of the New and Old Town. Close to the good bars and easy access to most of the sights and public transport. There's also a good steak bar on Zlatnicka road which is just off the square where your hotel is.

If you want anymore info just drop me a PM.