Quick Question Thread

If you have more than 8 tins i would stay in and save the money you would have spent in the pub to buy even more beer for tomorrow.

I have 5 cans :(

stay in, drink beer, watch con air, sorted :D

Not really a fan of Con Air :ph34r:. Not after seeing it 20 odd times ;)

5 cans you say,Redhoose it is then.

Looks like it. Although I may venture down to the Anchor. My old boy is in there just now. Not been for a pint with him for ages

My dad has thrown out my tax disc, I will need to apply for a new one. Can I still drive my car in the meantime?

Also how do I go about replacing it. Do I just phone up and say I need a new one?

My dad has thrown out my tax disc, I will need to apply for a new one. Can I still drive my car in the meantime?

Also how do I go about replacing it. Do I just phone up and say I need a new one?

Better inform DVLA and ask them for advice first Dazzle. Your car tax details will be on file and they will be able to advise you one way or the other. Not sure if it costs extra to replace a lost/damaged tax disc though

You have to display a valid tax disc - paying for your tax isn't enough. If you don't have the tax disc you can still be caught and there's a fine for not displaying one.

You can now pay of Car Tax on-line, and if you print off the receipt that the DVLA send you electronically, you'll be able to drive your car until your nex Tax Disc arrives - but check with the Police beforehand.

My Tax ran out when I was overseas working during Januray, I sorted it out on-line & my car was able to be used stright away (DVLA informed me this was the case)

Police can generally grant you a 14-day 'grace' when it comes to you having paid for your Car Tax, but being unable to display the disc, and they'd normally provide you with a 'producer' which means you'll get 7 working days to produce the required documents at a Police Station of your choice.

Hope this helps!