Quick Question Thread

Guest The Phoenix

he should gie you a wee bit extra for it,check with him though as its probably in the stuff youve probably signed that he is giving you a price taking into account how much road tax is still left on it

Nonsense. ;)

Stewarty should be bargaining to get 12 months tax on his new car instead of the 6 months they will probably be offering.

The old tax disc is Stewarty's to take away with him.

Nonsense. ;)

Stewarty should be bargaining to get 12 months tax on his new car instead of the 6 months they will probably be offering.

The old tax disc is Stewarty's to take away with him.

oh he definetly should be bargining for some extras,but if he is asking the question this late in the deal he has probably signed it away sadly

Guest The Phoenix

oh he definetly should be bargining for some extras,but if he is asking the question this late in the deal he has probably signed it away sadly

You're missing my point - the dealer won't want the tax disc and even if he does, it's legally Stewarty's to take away.

Makes it easier if you are trading in Stewarty,

The tax disc belongs to you and the dealer will want you to take it.

Trust me, I've done it three times in the last couple of months - self, wife and daughter.

I agree,Take the tax disc Stewarty as depending on the dealer and the age of the car he may well just chuck it to the auction or another dealer.

You're missing my point - the dealer won't want the tax disc and even if he does, it's legally Stewarty's to take away.

got ye,i thought it belonged to the car as such as it only has the cars reg on it

Not signed anything or agreed anything yet. We went to see the car today, and have just discussed tonight whether to go for it or not.

get some extras thrown in then its a buyers market now that the scrappage scheme has finished

Guest The Phoenix

Not signed anything or agreed anything yet. We went to see the car today, and have just discussed tonight whether to go for it or not.

Kerse Road Dealer?

Guest The Phoenix

Na, it's a garage in Broxburn.

Broxburn Bangers? :unsure:;)

Trust me re the tax if you decide to go ahead but don't buy the car on the 31st and then discover you haven't got time to claim the refund because you'll lose the whole of April. Better to wait until the beginning of April and your new car will be taxed from then,

Edited by The Phoenix

Trust me re the tax if you decide to go ahead but don't buy the car on the 31st and then discover you haven't got time to claim the refund because you'll lose the whole of April. Better to wait until the beginning of April and your new car will be taxed from then,

Can anyone translate this?

Can anyone translate this?

If you pick up the car tomorrow and have to tax it you will have to tax it from the begining of March(5 months tax),Also you have to send your tax disc back to the DVLA by the 31st March or you also lose the whole of April refund.

Edited by keithgy

If you pick up the car tomorrow and have to tax it you will have to tax it from the begining of March(5 months tax),Also you have to send your tax disc back to the DVLA by the 31st March or you also lose the whole of April refund.

Cheers, that actually makes more sense.

Guest The Phoenix

Cheers, that actually makes more sense.

And Keith managed to work it out all by himself. :rolleyes:

Edit: Red Spot! How petty. :rolleyes:

Edited by The Phoenix

Guest The Phoenix

I was almost joining you. Didn't get to sleep until well after 3 last night. Most annoying.

Obviously the strain of trying to understand the concept of when to change your car was too taxing for you.