Quick Question Thread

How long does it take for the withdrawls abroad to show on a mini-statement/balance receipt upon taking out money when back in Scotland?

On the odd occasion I use my British card (HSBC) the withdrawals take 2-3 working days to appear.

I've just thought, is there a way I can find out more quickly if I check on the internet or something? Or is it really a case of waiting a couple of days to survey the damage?

I've just thought, is there a way I can find out more quickly if I check on the internet or something? Or is it really a case of waiting a couple of days to survey the damage?

I'm on about Internet banking myself. It's the same with Phonebank. It takes 2-3 days for your bank to process it regardless of how you check it.

i've just finished watching what i thought was paranormal activity on megavideo. however, afterwards i went on the wikipedia page and discovered that it wasn't the real version. the one i watched was based on a family (mum, brother and sister) rather than a couple, but the storylines appear to be similar.

anyone know what it is i just watched?

Maybe this?

yeah, thanks. i saw an advert for it in the metro yesterday. i actually thought it was excellent, really intense and uncomfortable throughout most of the film. i don't think i even want to see paranormal activity any more.

I had never even heard of it before i put up that link, but after reading that it was directed by the grandson of Dick van Dyke aka Dr. Mark Sloan, i have to see it!

Q1. Am I correct in thinking that musical artists receive royalties whenever one of their songs is played on radio? If the answer to that is 'yes' then it brings me on to my main question.

What happens when, for example, the last remaining Beatle snuffs it? Can their music then be played on air for free or do royalties continue to be paid for someone elses benefit?

Q1. Am I correct in thinking that musical artists receive royalties whenever one of their songs is played on radio? If the answer to that is 'yes' then it brings me on to my main question.

What happens when, for example, the last remaining Beatle snuffs it? Can their music then be played on air for free or do royalties continue to be paid for someone elses benefit?

Does it not pass on to the next of kin or whatever, like any other assets would? I've always assumed that to be honest, but I don't know if that's fact.

I thought Michael Jackson owned the rights to a lot of the Beatles stuff at one point. What's happened to them now? Did he sell them or something?

Royalties can be nominated to be passed on to someone else after someone dies. This can be next of kin or anyone else - for example, any royalties made by sales of the book Peter Pan by JM Barrie were passed on to the Great Ormond Street children's hospital. I believe that royalties from music, books etc. go on for fifty years, and then they become Public Domain (which is why you can buy cheap old classic books for like 50p, as there are no royalties to be paid).