Quick Question Thread

What's the cheapest 20 pack of cigarettes you can buy?  

there's sub-Mayfair shite out there. but I'm guessing even for that stuff you'd be over a fiver.

get a ten deck instead?

In the last few weeks what with not going to many away games I've been watching Jeff Stelling and co, and most of the games don't seem to finish until just before 4.55, except for some SFL games. I think almost all of the 3pm kick offs in the EPL / Championship were still going at 4.50 on the Sky clock yesterday.

Has half time become 20 minutes in England or are teams just slow in starting the 2nd half?

I'm pretty certain there must be a Scotland v England differential here.

Every week, almost without exception, on Soccer Saturday there are at least half a dozen Scottish full times confirmed before the first English one comes through. That can't be coincidence, especially given the number of games being played in each country.

Guest The Phoenix

The only stipulation is that the half time interval must not exceed 15 minutes.

The competition (cup, league) rules must state the duration of the half time interval and any variance from the stated length must be agreed by the referee.

As far as I am aware all senior football half times across the country are 15 minutes.

It's only a hunch on my part but having attended numerous Fulham games, I get the feeling English Referees are much more likely to add on a "proper" amount of added time at the end of both halves, whereas in Scotland there seldom seems to be justice done to this, especially at the end of the first half.

The only stipulation is that the half time interval must not exceed 15 minutes.

The competition (cup, league) rules must state the duration of the half time interval and any variance from the stated length must be agreed by the referee.

As far as I am aware all senior football half times across the country are 15 minutes.

It's only a hunch on my part but having attended numerous Fulham games, I get the feeling English Referees are much more likely to add on a "proper" amount of added time at the end of both halves, whereas in Scotland there seldom seems to be justice done to this, especially at the end of the first half.

Correct - the time must not exceed 15mins, and in England they play more added on time.

If both teams were to appraoch the ref before the game and say 'we are in a hurry as we're all out on the batter tonight so lets just make half-time 5 minutes' if all agree then this can happen. Only likely in amateur or Rangers games.

Edited by MEADOWXI

Having been in Germany for the weekend, I withdrew money whilst over there. Now, I knew before I went that I had 'enough' in my account for the weekend, so I didn't really keep a note of how much I was taking out, as I knew the withdrawls wouldn't exceed the starting balance.

So, my question is thus:-

How long does it take for the withdrawls abroad to show on a mini-statement/balance receipt upon taking out money when back in Scotland?

What's the cheapest 20 pack of cigarettes you can buy?

It was Kensita Superkings when I was last home(just over 2 years, so might have changed)

Pall Mall are very cheap but very shite,they stink to high heaven as well i think it must be a blend of poor quality tobacco and the toe jam of some kenyan marathon runners

I've never noticed this with Pall Malls. I buy them if the local shop is out of my usual.

Having been in Germany for the weekend, I withdrew money whilst over there. Now, I knew before I went that I had 'enough' in my account for the weekend, so I didn't really keep a note of how much I was taking out, as I knew the withdrawls wouldn't exceed the starting balance.So, my question is thus:-How long does it take for the withdrawls abroad to show on a mini-statement/balance receipt upon taking out money when back in Scotland?

On the odd occasion I use my British card (HSBC) the withdrawals take 2-3 working days to appear.

Does anyone know the second division play-off dates?

Edit: Actually now i think about it it will be the 1st division play-offs.

Counting your chickens a bit there, are you not? Remember last season? ;)

Anyway, they're the 4th/5th and 8th/9th of May, and the Final is the 11th/12th and 16th of May.

:huh: No problem, umm, Les Dennis.

I was referring to you as Bobby Davro, as that's your initials from your user name.

You need to find a 'celebrity' with the initials SHT, to refer to me as. Des Lennis doesn't suffice.

HTH

No what happened like? Im sure your lot will remind us on Saturday :P

Well, on 28 March, 2009, Cowdenbeath were top of the league by 13 (count 'em, thirteen!), and end up displaying a collapse of epic proportions, and we marched to the title including the glorifying of said collapse at our POTY night, and a title party before the last game of the season, with the result being irrelevant. The Champions won though.

Oh, you mean you didn't actually want me to explain what happened?

Ach well, I hope it's provided useful, interesting and of course, very pleasant reading anyway. ;)

Our aim for the season is to stay up, and I'm not confident of a result against in-form Cowden on Saturday, but a win on Tuesday should render the importantness of the result on Saturday as largely un-imporatant anyway. ;)

I was referring to you as Bobby Davro, as that's your initials from your user name.

You need to find a 'celebrity' with the initials SHT, to refer to me as. Des Lennis doesn't suffice.

HTH

Ahhh I get you now. Well, SHT is the acronym for Segway Human Transporter, so that'll do- Seggies.

Well, on 28 March, 2009, Cowdenbeath were top of the league by 13 (count 'em, thirteen!), and end up displaying a collapse of epic proportions, and we marched to the title including the glorifying of said collapse at our POTY night, and a title party before the last game of the season, with the result being irrelevant. The Champions won though.

Oh, you mean you didn't actually want me to explain what happened?

Ach well, I hope it's provided useful, interesting and of course, very pleasant reading anyway. ;)

Our aim for the season is to stay up, and I'm not confident of a result against in-form Cowden on Saturday, but a win on Tuesday should render the importantness of the result on Saturday as largely un-imporatant anyway. ;)

Rings a bell now you mentioned it. A lot of my memory was lost celebrating a 3-0 win at the SHS. Last season = in the past, you might win the 3rd division next season too...